Dear Isak,

"Dear Isak,

this is to you,
my best friend.
I have lost count of the times that you have been there for me, when no one else was.
I have lost count of the times that you made me feel better when I was having a bad day and the times that you picked me up when I was falling.
If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am right now.
You are the one that can make me laugh like no one else can.
You make the most boring things exciting and fun.
But most importantly, with you, I can talk about everything and anything. You would never judge me, just like I would never judge you.
When I'm with you, I don't have to be embarrassed for anything, I can just be myself.
And you don't get to meet those people, where you completely get to be yourself with, very often. So I consider myself very blessed.

Isak,
this is to you,
my parter in crime.
Even my dad admitted it once, we make a perfect team.
Not only, because we perfectly complete each other, but also, because we know each other so well, that it's not hard to read the other's thoughts.
Whether it's in the kitchen, at work or in bed (;-)), we just always seem to click. We have always fitted together, sharing this chemistry, this bond, that we sometimes even ourselves don't understand completely.
Remember all the times that I could tell you that you're about to have a cold when even you didn't know?
Or all the times you kind of read my mind about what food I wanted to eat and brought me some on your way back from work?
I love how easily we work together. When you're having trouble with something, I can help you and the other way around. Or if I can't help you, we still got Sana, the little genius.

Isak,
this is to you,
my personal psychologist.
Not only have you pulled me through everyone of my manic episodes in the past, always making sure that I wasn't doing something that could end up with me in a coma (haha, funny, I know), no, you also have been there for me in every single depressive phase, holding on to me, although I was pushing you away sometimes.
Like, literally pushing you away. Remember when I didn't want to get out of bed that one day and said that I didn't want to cuddle, so I pushed you out of the bed?
I'm still so sorry for that. It wasn't even your fault, as I told you beforehand, that I love cuddles when I'm depressed, but would never admit it.
But you, being the wonderful human being that you are, still try to cuddle me every single time I'm down, risking being kicked out of bed over and over again. See, that's what I call love :-).

Isak,
this is to you,
my fiancé.
I know I took you by surprise when I proposed to you two months ago.
But just like I told you back then, I am absolutely sure that you are the one person I want to spend the rest of my life with.
The way you smiled when I dropped on one knee is a fond memory I know I'll always look back on, as one of the happiest moments of my life.
And I know that there are many, many memories we have yet to create, that will make both our lives even more beautiful than they already are.

Isak,
this is to you,
the best dad in the entire world.
I always knew you would be, but the way you care for our little girl every day, just proves to me that you have the biggest and kindest heart.
When you look at her, I see so much love in your eyes and when she looks back at you, I know that she loves you just as much.
And yes, I know there will be days were it will be hard for her to have no mother, but two dads instead, but I know that we can make it through the hard times, together.
We are a real family now, just like we had always wished.
And I promise, that I will always protect the two of you, because you are my everything.
I hope that one day, when Laurien is grown, we can look at each other and know that we did everything right.
I know we will. And if not, we'll learn from our mistakes.