Vi trenger ikke verden, for meg og deg er verden

"Dear Isak,

Today is Friday.
The day of the party.
But also the day that I'm gonna break up with Sonja.
I don't know what to expect from this day, but as long as I'm going to see you, it can't be that bad.
Yesterday, I spent hours just dreaming about how everything might work out.
I thought about us being a couple (crazy, I know). I thought about kissing you at school and how everyone would react.
I thought about meeting your family and you meeting mine.
I thought about us holding hands, cuddling, cooking together and watching movies.
Then, I was sad, because I realized how far away these things are from reality.

But I have a feeling that today, that might change. Today is going to happen something big, I can feel it.
I made the decision to dress up as the prettiest Juliet you'll ever see for the party tonight. Emma will look like a cheap wannabee next to me.
And then, I am going to grab you and take you to the next empty room.
And after that..well, that's how far I've planned.

But to get to the party, I'll first have to survive breaking up with Sonja.
We texted last evening and we agreed to meet today at 3 pm. That's in 30 minutes.
I'm kind of nervous.
Okay, who am I kidding, my whole body is shaking. But having the thought of you in the back of my mind, I know I can make it.

I hope I'll see you tonight,

Even."

Not long after Even had ended the letter, he heard a knock on the door.
Even opened up. Sonja stood in the hallway, the expression on her face unreadable.

"Come in." Even said, stepping out of the way so that she could walk past him, into the flat.
The two of them went into the kitchen, where both sat down at the kitchen table.

"So..what do you want to talk about?" Sonja asked. Even could tell that she felt a little bit insecure.
"I uh.." he began.
Alright, Even thought, he was going to make this quick.
"Lately I don't really know if I still am...in love with you." he said, carefully choosing his words. Sonja stayed silent.
"I feel like we've grown apart." Even explained further.
Sonja began to slowly nod.

"You think I haven't noticed that something was wrong? I know how you feel Even. It hurts, but I know. You never looked at me like you looked at that...boy. It hurts to accept it, but I just want you to be happy, okay?" Sonja said, reaching for his hand.
To say that Even was surprised, would be an understatement.
"You're not angry at me?" he asked.
"No, angry is not the right word to describe what I am feeling. Sad would be a more fitting expression. But I am glad that you finally told me." Sonja said, a faint smile on her lips.

A wave of relief went through Evens body.
He had not expected her to be so understanding.
"I was so afraid to tell you, Sonja. I don't want to hurt you. You were always there for me through all of these years. I am sorry that this is how it has to end. Thank you for being so understanding." Even said, rubbing her hand softly as he smiled at her gratefully.
Sonja nodded again. "I want you to be happy, Even. That's all I ever wanted." she said softly, tearing up a little bit.
Even stood up from his chair and lifted Sonja up, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I want you to be happy, too, Sonja." Even whispered as he held her close.
After a while, they let go and went back to the front door.
Sonja wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry." she whispered, smiling a bit. "It's okay." Even said, rubbing her arm.

They hugged again. "But if you ever need a friend, Even, I want you to know that I'm still here for you, okay?" Sonja said. Even smiled at her warmly. "Same goes for me." he said and then, the two of them said their goodbyes.