Not even the gods above can seperate the two of us

"ISAK!" Even yelled, trying to get down the ladder of his bed as fast as possible.
He almost missed a step and tripped, but he managed to grasp the ladder at last second and saved himself from falling down.
"Isak, wait!" Even shouted again as he reached the floor, hoping that the younger boy would hear him.
He flung open the door and stormed through the hallway, leaving behind a very confused Silas in his bed.

But Even couldn't care less about him.
He knew it wasn't his fault, but he kind of blamed Silas for what happened.
If the boy hadn't been so keen on practicing for the scene today at Even's place, then maybe none of the things would've happened.
But now, it was what it was.
Isak thought that Even had a thing for Silas. And Even couldn't blame him because, to be honest, the end of the scene probably looked and sounded very real, if you looked at it out of context.

Even ran down the hallway and caught a glimpse of Isak's sleeve, just as he disappeared through the front door.
Yelling his boyfriend's name over and over again, telling him to wait, Even stormed after him through the door.

Outside on the street, he saw how Isak began to walk faster, as if he knew exactly that Even was behind him, but wanted to get away from him.
Although there only was a short distance between them and Even called out his name multiple times, Isak didn't turn his head once.

"Isak, wait! Let me explain!" Even shouted once more, breathing hard because of all the running.

Suddenly, Isak abruptly stopped in his movement.
He slowly began to turn around.
Even felt his heart, which was already beating unnaturally fast, jump at the sight of him.

Isak's cheeks were flashed in a light red, probably because it was so cold outside. His hair was a mess and strands of his blonde locks were falling down, partly covering his forehead.
Pink lips slightly parted, silvery shimmering air came out between them, slowly floating up until it merged into the gloomy evening sky.
It would've been a peaceful and beautiful sight to look at, if it weren't for Isak's eyes.
His eyes, normally so warm and kind, now looked empty, cold and most of all, angry.

"You want to explain?" Isak blurted out offensively, anger radiating in his voice.
Isak shook his head, as if to indicate how ludicrous Even's words had sounded.
"I don't think there's anything to explain, Even." The way Isak pronounced his name, with such disgust in his voice, made him feel sick inside.
"The things I've just seen and heard pretty much explained themselves." he continued with a dry laughter.

"But, I don't really get it, Even. Was it all just some kind of game to you? Make the confused little boy fall for you and then laugh over the way he's hurting when you move over to your next victim? Have you enjoyed seeing me so hurt? Is it what gives you some kind of thrill?" Isak's voice had gotten louder and louder with each word he said, talking himself more and more into rage. 

Even began to hectically shake his head. "No, no, Isak please..." he pleaded, his voice full of desperation.
He knew that Isak was only like this because he wanted to protect himself.
It was like a self-defense mechanism, to just turn the situation around and hurt the one who's hurting you.
Even made a few steps in Isak's direction, but with each step Even made towards him, Isak made one back.
"It was all just a misunderstanding! I know it looked real but it was just-" Even got interrupted by a snort.
"Yeah, right. Try to talk yourself out of it, but I won't believe you." Isak said contemptuous and turned around again to keep walking.

"ISAK F*CKING VALTERSEN YOU LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW." Even yelled. He heard the street giving back an echo of his outburst and most neighbors now probably gathered at their windows, trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on.
But Even didn't care, because his words had served their purpose: Isak stopped walking again.