3- smoke

it had already been weeks since the first time that dan and phil had smoked weed together

it had already been weeks since the first time that dan and phil had smoked weed together. since then, it had become a part of their daily routine.

it always went exactly the same. their sessions started awkward and tense, neither of them knowing what to say or how to say it. and then, after they'd both had their fair share of marijuana, they cuddled on the sofa and spilled their secrets to each other like it was nothing.

the next day dan would leave early, before phil could wake up, only to return later that day.

it was a horrifically messed up system, yet it worked too well for either of them to say anything.

at least, it worked, until the day that dan pulled out his phone during lunch to see multiple missed calls from phil as well as multiple texts, asking dan to come over.

this was unexplored territory in their relationship, and it scared dan. they never met this early. clearly, something was up.

whatever it was, dan knew that if he went over, something would change in their relationship. he didn't want that. everything was perfect the way it was. and so, he turned his phone off and ignored the thoughts of phil that were poking at the back of his mind.

it was only much later, that dan realised what a mistake it had been to ignore phil all day. he was standing in the hallway outside phil's flat, listening to the sounds of screaming and smashing.

he kept walking, though, one foot in front of the other until he could clearly hear what was going on inside. glass was shattering and phil was screaming at someone, his voice pained.

phil was breaking.

and that hurt dan more than he thought it should.

he rang the doorbell, shocked when the door swung open immediately. he was even more shocked to see that it was marcus standing behind the door instead of phil.

"dan, look, this isn't really a great time—" he winced as a loud bang rang through the apartment. "i just came back from vacation, so i don't actually have any—" he was interrupted by another crash. "weed on me, so you should probably come back in—"

this time dan interrupted him, "i'm here for phil." he shoved marcus out of the way and moved towards the source of the noise, which led him into the kitchen. he noticed that almost everything breakable in sight was already broken.

"phil? phil," he called, hoping that his voice would simply stop phil. unfortunately, that only happened in fantasies.

"oh, you finally decided to show up?" phil scorned. "i knew how unreliable you are, i don't know why i even bothered," he continued, this time maliciously.

"yeah, look, i'm here now and i—"

"you're too fucking late," phil screamed. "everyone only wants to see me when it's convenient for them. i have a life too, you know?" phil swept his hand over the counter, making everything fall to the floor.