1 - couples

honestly, dan didn't care about the inevitable marching of time that seemed to make everyone else gnaw at their fingers and yank at their hair

honestly, dan didn't care about the inevitable marching of time that seemed to make everyone else gnaw at their fingers and yank at their hair. on the contrary, dan couldn't wait to be old, or better yet, dead.

and so, dan was a patient person, one of his most admirable traits.

nevertheless, he banged his fist against the weak wooden door for the seventh time in half a minute. where was marcus?

any other day, dan would have been content to just walk away and come back another time, but this week had been particularly difficult for him, and he needed a release. he needed his chest to stop feeling fragmented and his mind to stop being disconnected. he needed help to stop the despair.

during dan's downward spiral of sorrowful thoughts, the door finally creaked open. his heart lifted for a fraction of a second, only to plummet to the ground again once he saw that the person standing behind the door was not, in fact, his dealer.

still, the face was not completely unfamiliar. it was actually a face that dan knew better than he cared to admit. it brought back memories of his awkward teenage years. it was a face that made him cringe with the thoughts it dredged up.

phil was hot. he was hot back then, and he was even hotter now. any idiot could see that, especially an idiot like dan. he'd slowly developed a crush on the wildly popular boy, which had been the second biggest mistake he'd ever made.

the first biggest mistake that dan had made was kissing phil's girlfriend so that she and phil would break up. although his plan had worked, dan had eventually come to his senses and left his mum to go live with his dad across the country.

but once again, his mistake was staring him in the face.

in the blink of an eye, dan's day had gone from simply depressing, to the worst in his life.

"hey, dan, right?" phil asked, shiny blue eyes assessing dan's figure. "it's been... what? 9, 10 years?" he opened the door all the way, revealing a messy flat that made dan feel nauseous. phil proceeded to turn and walk away, clearly expecting dan to follow.

dan stood watching phil walk away. he was wearing a bright hoodie that sat on him almost too well, and black jeans that hugged his long legs perfectly. his hair was messy, probably because he'd just woken up, but even that looked good on him.

god, he even looked hot from the back.

dan sighed, before following phil into the kitchen. it was even more cluttered than the lounge, with dirty dishes and unfinished leftovers covering every single surface.

"didn't think i'd have the pleasure of seeing you again," phil commented, clearly sarcastic, as he reached around the cupboards, preparing a bowl of cereal.

"me neither... apparently, i was too hopeful," dan mumbled to himself. he truly believed he was a magnet for bad luck, and meeting phil again was just his evidence of that.