Guidance from a Friend

Start from the beginning

"Princess...Akira's words hold great meaning. She may be your ancestor, but she is a part of you."

"Just like my parents." I smile as mom and dad come to mind. This also brings tears to my eyes and I'm assuming Nevith feels bad as he leans his head against mine. I place my hands on his face accepting hug like gesture.

"I'm sorry for your loss princess," Nevith whispers. I don't know what it is about Nevith, but I get this sense of trust from him. "but revenge isn't the answer."

"I know," I sniffle, "but there's no way of beating Jinoskue." My words barely audible I didn't think he would catch them.

"You don't believe in yourself princess. We all believe in you, and I'm sure Akira has told you the same thing that I'm telling you now." We pull away and our eyes meet as he says, "You know what you must do, the question is, are you ready?"

I look down at the ground debating my options, the advice that has been given to me, making my decision crystal clear. I look Nevith in the eye and say,

"Thank you Nevith," I bow to him as he does the same. I bid farewell to Nevith before leaving to head back to our makeshift campsite. As I get closer, the voices of many warriors grow louder. As I step through the bushes I stand tall, and look at everyone before me.

All conversations stopped as all eyes land on me. The setting sun's light casting it glow on my right side, as the wind blows my hair to the left softly. Saizo, Kortaro, Goemon, Sauske, Heisuke and the Shinsengumi come forth from the crowd.

Everyone's masked faces go from fixed to serious in an instant at my words.

"We leave at dawn."
************************
~~~~(Mikki's POV)~~~~
"Nee kimi wa ima dare o omotte iru no?" I sing to Shinta as I comb my fingers through Kai's hair. My eyes begin to close as my shivers increase. I hear the sound of dirt and rocks being thrown as the demons continue to dig.

How long have we been down here? I don't even know if it's day or night. I've lost track since Jinoskue's human henchmen haven't given us much food. I gave my scraps to Shinta and Kai, whenever he woke up for few minutes.

"Mikki-san?" Shinta asks gaining the attention of a few demons. I could hardly keep my eyes open to see movement come toward us.

"Mikki?" Is that Ginta or Hakkaku? My body sways as I lose my balance trying to stay upright.

"Watashi wa kimi o omotte iru yo." I barely get out as I fall to my right. The impact of the hard ground never came as I landed in someone's arms. A warm hand is placed on my forehead and says in a worried tone,

"She's got a fever!" I feel myself being laid down, something soft and wet is placed across my forehead.

"Did she get scratched by the Ayakashis?" Another voice calls. I feel a cold hand this time checking for any sign of an injury. I groan as the hand touches the left side of my ribs. I can feel my kimono being peeled back a little as the person checks.

"Yes, and it's infected." This voice is feminine.

"We have to keep applying the water to her forehead in hopes of getting the fever down." I believe that was Ginta.

"But you know what happens when someone gets poisoned by an Ayakashis." Hakkaku says to Ginta.

"Besides she won't last long, especially since she's human." A grumpier voice says from a far distance.

"Back to work you scoundrels!" A voice yells from up top, followed by the crack of a whip.

"Will you stay with her?" Ginta asks.