Spring Festival

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
A few days have past since we came to the Shinobi Temple. I have to admit, it's very peaceful here. The air is clean and fresh, the grass a vibrant green, and the sky a beautiful blue. Mikki has been coming and going, bring me food, helping me with the change of clothes and is just a great friend.

It turns out her parents died of an attack on their village when she was ten. So almost three years ago. She moved in with her grandfather shortly afterwards. Sometimes I would ask her to sit and eat with me. She was hesitant at first but consented after awhile. She's a sweet, energetic, spirited, and kind hearted girl.

Mikki would stay in my room late at night from us talking. As of right now, we are in my room doing each others hair. I'm braiding her hair and putting flowers in certain spots. Mikki was telling me about their spring festival that is to happen in a couple of days.

"We have some of the villagers set up shops for us to eat and play games. Sometimes late at night you can fire explode in the night sky!" Fire explode? Is she meaning fireworks? A smile makes its way to my face as I understand what she's talking about.

"Do you mean fireworks Mikki?" Her face lights up like a light bulb.

"Yes, that's what they're called!" She says happily.

"Have you ever seen them?" Her face falls to a frown.

"Once, the year my parents were killed. Luckily I got to see them with my parents several months before the attack." I felt so bad for her. No one deserves to have their parents die, even at such a young age.

"There all done." I saw placing the last white flower in her hair. She stood up and walked over to the desk where a mirror was. She came back over shortly after saying,

"Thank you Katie, it's beautiful I love it!" She does a few spins, her hair twirling behind her. A smile covered her face, showing she was truly happy. There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," I spoke. The door opened to reveal Sasuke.

"We are having a meeting, you need to join us princess." I nod my head, and slowly rose to my feet. I followed Sasuke down the hall and into a larger room. Everyone was sitting on pillows, even Mikki's grandfather. I learned his name was Kenji Hamato. I sat next to Heisuke and Sasuke.

"Glad you can join us princess, now what is it you wish to know Saizo-san?" Kenji senpai asked.

"I've got word that the Shinsengumi are on their way here. They've heard about our situation in the states, and are willing to help." Kenji senpai stroked his mustache in thought.

"I've known the Shinsengumi for ages, and am not surprised they are willing to help. Everyone is willing to fight Nobunaga, and Jinoskue. They rather fight, than be slaves ordered by demons. This will be to our advantage." Kenji said.

"What are we supposed to do in the mean time?" Goemon asked.

"Enjoy the peace and quiet for now. Who knows when we will get this chance again." Kenji senpai said. This gave me an idea.

"How about we all go to the spring festival, after all it is in a couple of days." I said. Everyone was in deep thought.

"I don't know, it would be reckless and dangerous to be out in the open." Saizo voiced his opinion.

"Please, I've been locked up in here for the past few days. It's like I'm a prisoner." Everyone stared at me shocked, then I realized my sudden outburst. "Excuse me," I said quietly standing and leaving the room as quickly as I could.

I didn't run down the hall, but more speed walked. Once I got to my room, I stayed in there for the rest of the night. Mikki brought me my dinner again, but I ate slower than usual. Mikki must have seen, but she didn't question me about it. Awhile later Mikki left, as it was very late.