Research

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
The guys, Shinsengumi, and I sat in the room to discuss the events. So apparently while I was unconscious for four days, a lot has happened. Jinoskue and his Ayakashis have destroyed village after village in search of the demon blade. Nobunaga and his goons have helped raid villages joking the search.

I've also learned that Heisuke was once part of the Shinsengumi. The Shinsengumi have helped keeping the peace along with the help of Saizo and the others, until the next royal was found.

"Now they're after the demon blade. So we are fine until they locate where it's hidden. Question is, where is it?" Toshizo spoke.

"Knowing the queen, she kept it hidden so not even the we would be able to locate it." Saizo added.

"Where do we even start? It could be hidden anywhere in the world, human or demon." Shinpachi said placing his arms behind his head. They just continued to talk, but I blocked them out as my mind wandered.

Maybe I can help by doing research? Would they have books or anything useful to help in my findings? I was brought out of my thoughts by Mikki telling us it was dinner time.

Shinpachi and Sanosuke gladly got up and left to follow Mikki. The others followed suit, but I remained in my spot. Heisuke was the last out but stopped upon seeing me still sitting there.

"Aren't you going to eat with us?" I turned to him.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I gave him a small smile and got up. We walked to the dining hall and there was a feast waiting.

"Finally you guys showed up. Toshizo and Saizo wouldn't let us eat until you showed up." Shinpachi explained. I felt bad.

"Please, don't wait on me to eat. After all, who would like their food cold." I smiled and everyone dived in. I just had my bowl of rice, and cup of tea. I slowly ate as I was not very hungry. My thoughts were focused on the demon blade.

After I ate my bowl of rice, I excused myself and headed to my room. As I entered my room, I sat at my small table that was stacked with some books. I had asked Kenji senpai if he had anything on the demon blade.

He said he would have what I need in my room. I went through the stack of books and went through each page carefully as to not miss any important information. I didn't care how late it was, I had candles lit for light as I continued to research.
************
~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
It's been five days since Katie has been locked in her room. She would come out every so often to play with the kids. I keep wondering what she's locked in her room doing? I always pass her room at night to see light peek under the door.

I'm standing at the top of the hill that's over looking the village. At the bottom of the hill, Katie is currently playing with the village children. I was watching the scene before me, until a voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"She's the usual royal princess everyone is use to." I turn around to see it's Hajime.

"What do you mean? I think she's a great princess." I responded. Hajime walked and stopped right next to me.

"What I mean is there are rules princesses should follow. A princess should never play with children, wander from the temple, focus on responsibility and tasks for the country."

"Hey, I've been with her longer than you and trust me she's a better princess than you think." I retorted.

"I didn't mean to offend you or her. What I'm saying is that we need more like her." I looked at him in confusion. "When we were on our way here, I saw her protect the boy before her wellbeing. She didn't care what happened to her, as long as the boy was safe. There are some who would sacrifice others just to save themselves."