Captured

~~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
"Mew," I looked down to see Kuroro by my leg. I smiled at her.

"Yes it's almost done, Kuroro." It's kinda funny, that I know what she's saying. I was making lunch, cooked fish with some fruit. Everyone is on patrol, except Kortaro. He's here in case Nobunaga's men come here.

Lately there has been sightings on patrol. Of course, these sightings are further deep into the woods. The guys have been out on patrol more and a lot longer since then. I've stopped asking if they've found anything on my father's whereabouts. It's been almost four months.

To keep myself busy I've cooked, cleaned, and even started taking walks outside. I was brought out of my thoughts, by Kuroro standing on my shoulder nudging my cheek. I looked into her blue eyes.

I heard the front door open and close. They must be back. They come wandering into the kitchen, I noticed in their eyes, something was wrong. I carried the food over to the table. I got a plate for Kuroro, since this is her favorite.

"I can't believe that those monsters are here." Sasuke speaks. I am confused about what is being said.

"Saizo, what happened?" Kortaro asked.

"Ayakashis" was all Saizo said. The room fell silent, I could even sense the tension in the air.

"Then that means Jinosuke is here as well." Goemon spoke seriously. And usually he jokes around. I was starting to get a small headache, so I began to pick up my dishes and placed them in the sink. I was heading for the stairs, passing through the doorway of the kitchen. That was until Saizo asked,

"Where are you going?" I stopped at the doorway in the kitchen. I turned to them with a smile on my face and said,

"I'm going to go lie down for a bit. Just put your dishes in the sink, and I will clean them later." I turned and left for my room, with Kuroro on my shoulder.

~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
As Saizo spoke of what happened on patrol, I watched Katie. She has lived with us for almost four months. I know her very well by now, we all do. Her gaze was down looking at her plate. After a bit, she put her dishes in the sink and was beginning to leave the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Saizo asked. She stopped and turned towards us with a smile on her face.

"I'm going to go lie down for a bit. Just put your dishes in the sink, and I will clean them later." With that said, she left for her room. The room fell silent.

"How was she today?" Saizo asked. Kortaro shrugged but said,

"She was quiet. When she was cooking, I heard no sound at all from her. She did the laundry as well." About a month ago she stopped asking about her father, after we came back from patrols. She was always smiling around us, and was always positive.

"We need to stay alert. With Nobunaga's men and Ayakashis out there, they're covering more ground each day. And with Jinosuke, I fear the princess is in danger." Saizo spoke.

"Well, what are we gonna do?" Sasuke asked. Saizo thought for a few minutes.

"The tickets," Kortaro answered. We looked at him, then it dawned on us.

"Of course, we use the plane tickets back to Japan." Goemon spoke.

"But wait, we only have five tickets. The ones Katie got us for Christmas, meaning she doesn't have one." I add.

"I have a friend who can get me a ticket for her. That way we can leave at any moment." Everyone nod their heads in agreement. I pick up the last piece of fish and walked to my room. As I walk to my room, I noticed Katie's door was ajar. I walk over to her door and peek in.