Reimei

~~~(Katie's POV)~~~~
'Child,' I whine not wanting to be disturbed. 'Wake up child.'

I peek an eye open to see Akira standing there, her beautiful pearl white fur dancing in the wind. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Akira?" Sleep still evident as I cover my mouth to hide the yawn.

'Yes child, I have urgent news.' I perk up at the slight worry laced in her voice.

"Is it about the demon blade?" She shakes her head and stares directly into my soul.

'No child. I'm here to warn you that danger is near. The darkness is growing closer as we speak, and is getting stronger. I fear the worst my dear.' Her voice full of despair.

"Akira I'm confused. The danger you're talking about, is it Jinoskue?" Akira goes to step forward but begins to fade away. "Akira!"

'Danger is near child. Please be carefu-' and just like that, she disappears before she could finish telling me. I sigh and look down at my necklace that seems to be giving off a dull glow. I close my hand around the pendant and squeeze my eyes tight.

"I will protect my people...even if it's the last thing I do."
*************
~~~~(Heisuke's POV)~~~~
"Heisuke, something doesn't seem right." I look up from my sitting position, my arms across my chest and legs crossed.

"You're referring to the undead aren't you." Judging by the distant look on his face, I knew I was right. "Look man, don't beat yourself up about it, none of us could sense them anywhere near the village."

"I know but...something doesn't seem right about it though." Sasuke turns his back to me as he gazes out at the surrounding trees in front of the cave.

"I know what you mean. I had the same feeling when we were in the village. I think we walked into a trap of some sort." I speak my thoughts aloud. I glance over to see Katie fast asleep. Entei is a pillow for her as Kuroro is curled up on her lap.

"I think someone was helping the undead." Sasuke's voice echoes off the hallow cave walls.

"What do you mean Sasuke?" I'm a little intrigued at this idea of his. Sasuke shakes his head, he went to answer but was cut off by an owl.

"Hoo.....hoo..." Sasuke and I look up to see an owl flying straight towards us. Sasuke walks out to investigate it, but after a couple of minutes he sticks his arm out. Shortly after, the owl lands on his left arm and grooms its left wing. When the owl did that, something caught my eye.

"What's that on it's leg?" Sasuke lifts the owl's wing to see a piece of paper attached to it's leg. Sasuke unrolls the paper and reads over it.

"It's a message from Kortaro. They should be here by mid day tomorrow." Sasuke reads the note aloud." I nod my head and my attention snaps to Katie, upon hearing soft whimpers from my right.

Sasuke turns to look at her as I kneel beside her. I push a loose strand of hair away from her angelic skin. A sigh escapes her slightly parted lips, and her eye lashes now lay still from their frantic movement.

I cup her cheek and gently stroke her smooth skin. I stare in awe as her beauty always amazes me. I actually forgot about everything, even the danger as I stare down at her.

"When are you going to tell her?" I stop stroking her cheek and look up to see Sasuke staring at me.

"I...I actually did." A smile made its presence known, my heart even jumped at the memory.

"Really! When?" His face looked surprised.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I laughed, and he joined me.