~1~

Chase sprinted down the alleyway, breaths coming in heavy pants. It felt like his lungs were seizing up, but he knew there was an exit that he could loose his pursuer in just around the corner.

He quickly jerked around the side of the building, only to come face to face with another member of the gang he was trying to outrun. He swiveled around, but was met with the face of the man he'd originally been running away from.

He stumbled to a halt, pressing a palm to one of the walls that encased him with the gang he had messed with. He looked between the men, deciding which looked the least frightening and, with the biggest smile he could muster, started off with his usual plea. He'd used it so often, he practically had it memorized.

"Hey man look, I was just messing with ya, it shouldn't even be that big of a deal yo, I'll just-"

He was cut off by a punch to the side of his face by the tall one with dreads. Laughing a little, pretending like he didn't feel any pain, Chase stumbled backwards against the brick wall as more closed in on him and began throwing more punches and shoving him roughly into the wall.

Chase did his best to dodge most of them, but he quickly found he could taste blood in his mouth, and his vision was getting blurry.

Finally, finally, they left, laughing as Chase slumped down the side of the building. His heart rate quietly slowed down, calming down after the fight. Chase slowly smiled to himself as he swiped some blood off his lips.

It felt good, the run of the chase. It was a game to him, gambling with his life, playing with the worst people of the city. He had nothing better to do anyways.

Resting back against the wall, he debated what his next move should be.