Chapter 10 ● Her heart

Please listen to the music above while reading if you want it to be a more exciting experience. Please wear headphones if you can. Thank you and enjoy!

(Natsu's POV)

"Lu...cy.... Why did you leave me?" I murmured in tears.

There was nothing to be happy about. Learning that the one you loved dearly had fallen into an eternal slumber could be the worse news you could ever hear.

I was heartbroken.

I couldn't believe as to why she said I could bring her back even though she obviously knew that her life wouldn't last for long. How could she lie so easily? Ha. What am I saying? It wasn't easy for her... Her eyes were speaking the truth even though her lips were telling lies. They were full of sorrow. They were showing her true feelings deep within her heart.

All this thinking was just making my, already present, headache hurt more. Just thinking about her made my heart ache even more as well. Mixed feelings were invading my heart and my mind. I was just shook. I could still taste the bittersweetness of her tears in my mouth.

In these kinds of situation, you would think someone would get physically and mentally drained. False! Well half of it was false anyways. Yes, I was mentally drained but not physically. I was actually gaining more energy by the seconds. The anger and rage within me just started growing. My flames were starting to surround me. They were so hot and strong that my scales started showing.

I stood up and surprisingly didn't fall because of my lack of balance after staying in bed for too long. My will to see Lucy was the reason why I was able to stand. I wanted to see her. I wanted to see her face. I needed to see her to make sure she was still actually alive. I wanted to prove them wrong. But deep inside, I knew that I was giving myself false hopes but, at this rate, I couldn't hold myself back. This rage was taking control over my body. The temptations were too strong. I had to go see her... or at least what was left of her. So that's what I did.

"Stop you dumbass!" Gray yelled. He tried to get in my way but I pushed him away.

While the rage was still indulging my heart, I grunted: "Out. Of. My. WAY!!!!"

After I said that, no one bothered to get in my way anymore. They let me go to her. They knew that nothing would stop me from doing so.

I opened- no- I broke the door leading me to her room.

Then, all the flames calmed down. The strength in my legs was gone. I fell on my knees to the floor. My tears were all fresh.

What did I see that made me weaker you ask? Simple. A lifeless Lucy. Mira, Gramps, Cana and Porlyusica were there too. They were all sad... Cana and Mira were sobbing and holding each other. Gramps was tearing up and not saying anything. Meanwhile, Porlyusica wasn't crying but disappointment and sadness were all over her face.

Lucy was so pale. She was as white as snow.

On the floor, I started crying and yelling.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

My scream could be heard from outside the guild.

This was too overwhelming for me... for all of us. I couldn't hold back the tears. I didn't want to admit it but I was crying... a lot. I wondered why does everyone that I hold dear to me die? Lisanna, even though she came back later on, Igneel and now... Lucy... I did lose her once, future Lucy. I couldn't protect her so I promised myself to keep her from harm's way. But I failed, and lost her again.

After a minute or so of sobbing, I hid my face with my arm and faced the floor. I wanted a moment alone with Lucy. I wanted to say good bye to her... or what was left of her at least.