Chapter 4 ● Alvarez

(Lucy's POV)

Everything was still dark. I still couldn't hear or move. Yet, it felt like I've been here for years. I couldn't bear this emptiness, I couldn't bear this sadness. Everything was just blank inside my heart. My sadness was overwhelming all the other emotions. I was lying on a bed of tears. Hunger and thirst weren't in my vocabulary anymore.

I miss everyone so much, but why do I feel like they're not doing anything right now? Why do I feel like a traitor so much? Why did Zeref choose me specifically? I had so many questions that I didn't even know from where to begin with. So many questions that I would like someone to answer them. My head was as much aching as my body because of all this thinking and questioning.

"I can appease your headache, Lucy." a dark voice said.

Suddenly, my vision started to become clearer. I could hear the birds chirping their beautiful chants. I could finally breath and feel the fresh air all over my body, curing me from all this pain.

When my vision was a hundred percent clear, I looked around me to find myself lying on a bed in a beautiful tiny room of an unknown place. The window was open letting the sunlight through. The air smelled like baked pies and some clothes with my keys were placed next to me. I figured it was for me to change. But before I did, I took my head out of the window to smell the fresh air of Fio... Wait... that wasn't Fiori! No! It was another place that I remember quite well. Alvarez.

I changed my clothes as fast as I could. I had to wear black shorts with long boots and a thight shirt that was exposing quite a lot of my stomach and my chest.. On top, I had to wear a long white coat that I couldn't even close because of my breasts size. Well it was better than nothing I guess.

I attached the belt holding my keys around my tight* and walked towards the door to make my escape when Zeref appeared in front of me. B-But how?

"I bet you're asking yourself why I'm back in my original body. No worries, I had everything prepared in case my soul would be seperated from my body. I only cloned the original one so that I possess the clone and make him my own afterwards. But for that, I needed a pawn to get me back to Alvarez and to become part of my devious plan. You turned out to be the perfect candidate." he grinned and leaned closer to my face. With his filthy hand, he grabbed my chin and chuckled deviously: "Are you ready to become my pawn?"

"Never in my dead body!" I pushed his hand away and backed away when I suddenly reached a dead end wich was near the window.

"Don't let me use force on you, Lucy." I was against the wall with his arms locked around me, blocking my way to run away. Without hesitation, I did my special attack Lucy kick in between his legs and fled out the window while I still had the chance.

"You won't get far Lucy. This is my empire and I know it like the back of my hand." After he said that, I found myself falling from a very very high level. Without much time to think, I summoned Aries and she made a fluffy, giant pink cloud beneath us so that I would safely land on the ground. When I landed, I got off the cloud on the streets of Alvarez with Aries next to me.

"I'm sorry ('>.< ) I hope I didn't come too late..." she whined. "No, you didn't come too late. Thank you Aries! You can go back now." "Hai!" She vanished leaving me all by myself in this so called empire.

But the surrounding had a nice scenery. People were laughing, marchants were selling their merchandise, others were in a cafe or restaurant, it just felt like Magnolia. I didn't expect for the people here to be as cheerful. I thought they would be as dark and wicked as Zeref.

I walked between the crowd, noticing that everyone's gazes were only at me. I was curious why until I heard a woman chatting with a merchant:

"Doesn't she work for his majesty? I mean she has the emblem and all, but she doesn't look familiar." An emblem?! What emblem? I examined my clothes to notice an emblem on my shirt and on the back of my coat. But those emblems weren't only on my clothes... but there was also one tattooed on my my right leg. I was extremely shocked.

"You're right! I heard from some knights that his majesty brought someone new to work with him. But she does look strong and hot though... (^///^) " the merchant replied. I guess there are perverts everywhere, sigh...

"But what is she doing, roaming around the streets? Is she looking for someone? It's rare to see one of his majesty's special force wandering around here." the woman said.

I continued walking, ignoring all those gazes. I was so concentrated on finding a port so that I could navigate back to Fiori that I accidentally bumped into a kid. He was about to fall until I grabbed his hand, pulling him towards me. The kid looked at me with shining eyes full of admiration.

"Woaaah! You're sooo cool! Thank you for saving me miss spwiggan. 😀"

"N-No problem kiddo... hehe." I smirked while putting back the kid on the ground.

"Can I have an autogwaph pwease..." he did cute puppy eyes while asking. This kid was so cute I couldn't say no. And I was touched how someone asked for my autograph for the first time.

"Where do you want it?" I asked him.

"On my hand." He pulled out a pen and gave it to me. I took it and wrote my name on his hand. But then, I saw a woman, who seemed like his mother, rushing towards us. She took the boy's hand and bowed.

"I'm sorry, h-he didn't mean to bother you. Please, on my son's behalf, punish me instead." Tears were flowing down on her cheeks. I put my hand on her shoulder and she raised her head meeting my eyes.

"Don't worry! Never would I hurt you or your son. You should always keep watch on him so that you won't get seperated. And you are a good mother, trying to sacrifice yourself for your son. I admire that!" I let go of her shoulder and walked away. I could hear her thanking me from quite a distance. But why would she think that I would hurt her? Did the spriggans hurt the town's people?

~

After a while of walking, I turned into a corner to sit down and rest without anyone noticing me. Suddenly, before I got the chance to sit down, an intense pain stroke my legs making me fall down. I couldn't move them at all, it was too much pain to bear.

"What did I tell you? I know this empire like the back of my hand." A black cloud formed in front of me with a dark silhouette appearing inside of it. It was Zeref! He was holding a black lacrima ball in his left hand.

"W-What have you done?!" I shrugged.

"Simple! When you were still unconscious, I implanted a lacrima inside of you that allows me to control you. I can now let the darkness easily possess you and make you my pawn. Also, I made sure that if someone tries to remove the lacrima out of you, you will die and Natsu alongside you." He grinned darkly making me feel shivers all over my body.

"W-What?! W-What does N-Natsu have to do with this?"

"I just want to see him suffer. Besides, he'll just get in my way."

"N-No..."

"Let's get back to business, shall we?" He teleported both of us in a cell and explained: "This lacrima is filled with darkness. Once I release it and it enters inside of you, you will become mine."

I was muted. I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. Tears kept filling my eyes until they dropped. He chanted a spell releasing that darkness out of the lacrima. It found its way inside of me by my mouth. I got the chance to taste at what death feels like and I finally found back my voice to scream from all this pain. My eyes were rolling back only leaving white eyeballs with no orbs.

In a matter of seconds, I was still conscious very deep inside my conscience but became as evil as he is on the outside.

"Welcome to Alvarez, Lucy the golden star, you are, from now on, part of the Spriggan II"

"Yes, master!"