Chapter 8.5 ● Her crimes - Part 1

Hey guys!!!! This chapter/sidestory is dedicated for my 1.4k readers. Thank you so much for choosing to read Possessed and I hope this fanfic has been to your liking so far. I know 1.4k isn't that much for some of you but it's a number I never thought this story would reach and I was just so happy when I saw it.

••••••

This sidestory is about when Lucy traveled around Fiori committing "crimes". A young girl who witnessed something she did during her journey will be telling you how it all went down. But, did she really commit crimes willingly or was she forced to do so? You'll find out in the story bellow.

( ^-^)/~Have fuuun~ \(^-^ )

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

(Lycia's POV)

My name is Lycia Corneil and I'm 13 years old. Me and my older brother Jerrel are residents of a tiny village, Koreilus. It is not very known, no, it isn't known at all actually. This village is lost in the center of a huge forest in the far west of Fiori so not many travelers pass by.

It could get pretty lonely sometimes because, not only there aren't many travelers, but my brother is the only family I have left. My parents, well, they died while protecting both of us from dangerous bandits when I was 8 and Jerrel was 17.

So I'm gonna tell you my story so far... how my parents died and how our lives drastically changed ever since.

[.....]

It was supposed to be a fun and thrilling trip that turned into a blood bath while me and my brother were cowering away, leaving our parents behind with those people torturing them. Of course, my dad didn't want us to suffer from the same fate as them so he ordered my brother to run away with me while we still had the chance. My brother hesitated at first but, when he saw the fear that I was expressing on my face, he finally decided to listen to our father.

He regretted that he didn't have magic powers. He regretted that he couldn't do a thing to save our parents but there was nothing to be done about it. I had the same regrets and the same fears as him but both of us couldn't deal with those kind of problems like mages could, even if we wanted to. All of that sadness and misery was stained on our faces. Those overwhelming emotions couldn't be hidden very well from others and our tears couldn't be held from sliding down on our pale cheeks.

My brother then led us back to Magnolia, our home town, then packed what we needed for our very long trip that was about to come. My brother wanted us to go live in a place that wasn't known very much since he thought it was best to avoid danger. With his luck, he heard once from a friend a legend about a lost village in a huge forest in the far west. So, he decided to search for it and dragged me along with him, as if I had a choice...

Our journey was very long and tiring. We were traveling for already four months and we couldn't find anything. We were also running out of money wich was troubling. We had to stay in a town nearby for over two months until my brother had enough money for us to countinue our journey. I had already turned 9 by then.

One day, we ran into a merchant who was selling weird looking objects and dusty old books. The merchant was also very suspicious looking, not to say the least, but that wasn't the point. My brother was looking through what he was selling to see if there would be something that would be of good use to us during that restless journey. The merchant then looked straight into my brother's eyes and said with a very quirky and mysterious voice:

"Why hello there young man, how can I be of help to you today?"

My brother looked at him kindly, even though he also seemed to find that old man quite suspicious looking, and responded: