Chapter 6 ● For one last time

(Natsu's POV)

"Do you like Lucy?" Those sudden words stung my heart worse than a bee. I could see and feel her sadness. But I couldn't lie to her. I looked away and answered:...

(Lisanna's POV)

"Yeah, I do like her..." That answer that I was expecting so much made me a lot more sad than I already was and it made my heart beat so fast that I couldn't keep up the count of it. Why was I feeling so sad though? I was expecting such an answer. I knew that they both liked each other for a long time and I couldn't admit my feelings toward Natsu. I always thought that in Natsu's heart, I was only his childhood friend.

Anyway, I wouldn't play this jealous bitchy friend in any case. I wouldn't be a true friend if I would do that. Instead, I always cheered on their relationship even though they still hadn't realised their feelings for each other.

"Natsu, you two deserve each other. That's why I'm willing to help you out on this one. I'm willing to find a way to save her." I said determined. But, at the same time, my heart was aching so much that I couldn't help but let a tear slide down on my blushing cheeks.

"Thank you very much Lisanna, I appreciate it. But what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked.

"Ha! Ha! How stupid of me..." I said wiping off the tear. "I've let my feelings get the best of me." Then Natsu looked at me bluntly. "Your feelings?" His eyes were full of question marks. I turned my head and broke my gaze off him. "You see, Natsu, I've had these feelings for you for a very, very long time." "What kind of feelings?" "The same ones that you feel towards Lucy..."

This answer made me blush even more and my heart was pounding so much. As for Natsu, he kept the same expression but without the question marks. "You mean... you love me?" He said that so directly that it made me feel like running away out of embarrassment. But if I did so, I would look like a coward. I didn't want that! So I stayed where I was and replied to what he just said. "Yes, I do. But, your heart belongs to another one and not me and that's perfectly fine. As long as we stay friends, everything will always be alright. If I get jealous and try to break the two of you off, I know that I would lose both of you and I don't want that. Besides, Lucy is my friend as well and I was aware for a long time that she liked you."

Natsu widened his eyes and muttered: "She... liked me?" "Yep, she did." His expression suddenly changed from surprised to determined. He stood up and said while looking in front of him: "Then we need to go find a way and quickly!" From below, he looked so amazing and mature I just couldn't stop staring. Then his gaze turned to me. He lent me a hand but before I stood up, he said with a wide smile: "And you're gonna help me!" I stood up and looked at him with the same expression as his. "Of course!"

But, when we were about to go back and elaborate a plan, we saw a blue flying cat coming our way. It was Happy! But he looked like he was panicking. "Happy! What are you doing here? And what's wrong? You look really panicked." Natsu said to the blue fella. Out of breath, Happy replied: "I-I've been s-searching *huff* *huff* all over f-for you. *huff* *huff*" "Calm down buddy, then tell us what happened." Natsu said calming down Happy.

A few minutes later, after he calmed down, I asked: "What's going on Happy, you're really starting to worry me." He looked at the both of us and said with a very worried expression: "We heard news that... Lucy is heading towards Magnolia with an army of 1035 soldiers..."

*Both of them*: "WHAT??!!!"

(Lucy's POV)

I feel like, I'm doing something very wrong.

I am ignorant to what's happening out there but I can still hear noises sometimes. Horrifying screams and children crying that is.

I wish that Natsu would be by my side right now. He would know the right words to calm me down.

I wish that I can hear his voice for one last time.

But what I really want, is for someone to get rid of me. I am doing many sins right at this moment, I am sure of it.

That's why for one last time, I want to hear all of my friends voices.

For one last time, I want to be able to see their faces.

I'm sure that they will be crying but at least I would've seen them before my existence disappears.

But please, just for one last time, I want to be by their side.