Chapter 3 ● She's no more

(Natsu's POV)

"COME ON HAPPY, HURRY UP! FLY FASTER!"

"I-I'm trying... gnnn... Natsu... it's just too far... huh-huh" Happy exclaimed. He seemed quite exhausted, I wonder why...?

"WE NEED TO BREAK THE NEWS TO FIRST! SHE'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO! BUT THERE'S NO TIME TO LOSE!" I yelled.

"P-Please stop yelling... huh-huh... I'm not deaf ya know..."

"O-Oh, yeah!... Sorry pal..."

"It's okay, but look! We're finally here! Ugghh, I'm so exausted. I'm going to sleep after we get on the ground." Happy sighed with a desperate expression.

"Yeah sure! No prob' buddy!"

We were finally on the ground. Happy went to sleep and I dashed towards Gramps. I asked where First was when she suddenly appeared behind me.

"Natsu, what's up? Why do you look so serious?" she asked.

"First... Lucy, she's-" she cut me off.

"I know. I know everything."

"Wait, how?"

"I knew it all along that Zeref was within her. I could sense Ankselam's curse within her. No wonder you're still alive."

"I see, that explains why Lucy wasn't her usual self." Gramps exclaimed.

"If you knew, why didn't you tell us? We could have done something sooner."

"I'm sorry, but it was just impossible for me to say anything at the time. If I would have, Lucy would be gone by now."

"What do you mean GONE?!" both me and gramps replied shocked by what she just said.

"Yes, she would be gone. There is no spells to free her from Zeref's grip."

"Not even law?" the old geaser asked.

"Not even law. There are only two options to do this but, unfortunately, they are very shocking."

"What are they?!"

"The first option is... to end her life. But if we did, we would lose you too, Natsu."

"WHAT IS THE OTHER OPTION!" I yelled furiously and saddened of what I just heard.

"The other option will keep you alive, but you will still lose her."

"What is it?" Gramps asked.

"We could seal her away in a lacrima so that she won't hurt anyone." What?!... What is she saying? We have to erase her from our lives? There's no way! It's the same as killing her.

"N-No... I can't bear not seeing Lucy for the rest of my life. I... I love her! She's my best friend and my companion. She's the now who supported me the most through those past challenges. She's my family... I just can't lose her, I can't...!" I felt as if a pile of bricks was crushing down my heart. This unbearable pressure made me lose control of my own tears. I was holding my chest with my hand to try and calm down but doing so didn't change a thing.

"If you truly love her, wouldn't you think that it would've been what she wanted? Do you think it amuses her to hurt living things?" First asked with a serious look.

"First is right, Natsu. It will be tragic to all of us but we have no choice. It will prevent us two deaths of precious guild members." Master explained. "But what does it have anything to do with her being gone if you would have said anything sooner?" he asked First.

"After thousands of calculs, I figured that she would've committed suicide or one of you would have done something about it, but it would have been hard since she was still herself. But now, Lucy is no more, it will be easier for you to stop her."

No... Lucy, why you? Why you?!... Is Zeref trying to hurt me that much? You're gonna pay Brother!

(Lucy's POV)

Everything is so dark. Too dark.

I'm feeling pain all over my body. I feel lifeless.

What is happening to me? Why can't I hear or see anything? I would love someone explaining everything to me.

And I would love it if Natsu was next to me, right now, reassuring me with his arms wrapped around me and with my head against his chest, feeling every single heart beat of his. I just wish...

"Oh Lucy~" an unpleasent familiar voice said darkly but cheerfully as well, freeing me from my fantasies.

"W-Who is it?" I asked with difficulty because of the pain. Suddenly, in the darkness, a figure with black hair started appearing. It was no one else but him, Zeref.

"W-What do you want?" I gasped with fear.

"I simply came to thank you... for bringing me back to life." He grinned darkly.

"W-What?!"

"Oh you understood me very well. Now that I'm possessing your body, I'm brought back to life. I can go back to what I was planning to do. Take over the world!"

"I won't let you!" I said trying to attack him even though my body is aching. He dodged and hit me behind my head. I couldn't move anymore.

"You are no more, Lucy Heartfilia!" were the last words I heard before he vanished back into the darkness.