Chapter 30 | Pain

Start from the beginning

(Chapter 13)
It was around midnight and I couldn't sleep because of all the noise they were making, so I decided to be a snoop and listen in on their drunk conversations from my backyard.
-
"Jackson? Why don't you love me?" Jinyoung pouted, his face dangerously close to my boyfriend.
"Because," Jackson slurred, pushing his face away. "I have Mark."
"No you don't! It's all one huge, massive lie." Youngjae giggled, seated on a pool chair amongst the others, in a circle on the grass. It was funny how no one noticed the pained expression on Jackson's face, especially the ones closest to him.
"I do!" Jackson hummed, eyeing the bottle in his hand. "He's very smart, you know?"
"You've spent too much time with him, it looks like you've fallen for him!" JB sang, with a wide grin.
"We won the bet guys!" Bambam yelled in triumph, jumping from his seated position.
"Shhh!" Jackson hushed the yelling boy, watching him sit down. "I haven't fallen for him, I would never fall for a loser like him! I just...need to play the part..."
"It's pretty real to me." Jinyoung laughed, watching as Jackson sighed.
"I've never loved anyone, I'm not starting now." Jackson admitted, staring up at the sky.
"But you spend-"
"I know I spend heaps of time with him, but that's only because I don't want to loose this bet, okay?!" Jackson spat, glaring Jinyoung.

(Chapter 19)
Jackson on the phone to Jinyoung.
"Jinyoung... yeah... everything's all good... I got him... how many?... three... I thought it was two... he's staying anyway so we don't need to worry... yeah... okay."

(Chapter 20)
"But we could always do long distance, I can talk to you while I'm in America."
"No. I want to be with you." Jackson sighed.
"You have everything here, Jackson. You can't just leave."
"Not everything. If you aren't here, I wouldn't have everything."
"Look, no. I don't want you to sacrafice that much."
"Does that mean you're going to stay?" He asked, hopeful.
"Yes... I'll stay."

(Chapter 22)
"Well, you see- oh Jackson! Why don't you tell Mark?" Jinyoung asked as Jackson made his way to us.
"Tell him what?" Jackson asked, a wide smile on his face. He grabbed my hand and interwined his fingers with mine.
"Tell Mark about the bet." Jinyoung stated, as if it was obvious.
Jackson froze and his eyes widened, his muscles tensed.
"What bet?" He laughed before letting go of my hand and prying Jinyoung off me.
"You know, how we said if you got into a relationship with Mark long enou-"
"Shut up Jinyoung." I heard him hiss, he obviously tried to hide it from me.
"Poor Mark is going to be heartbroken. I don't want you to win, Jackson." He pouted, pushing Jackson away.
"Jackson-" I started, but Jinyoung interrupted me.
"I don't want to do Jackson's chorus for a whole 4 months and do his homework for like 3 months." Jinyoung complained, amd Jackson had enough.
"Jinyoung, go talk to Youngjae." Jackson urged.
"He's using you Marrrrk! Don't listenn to himmm." Jinyoung slurred.
"Youngjae!" Jackson called in desperation, dragging Jinyoung away.
"Quick Mark, go back. Before it's too late."

---- End of Mark's memories ---

I got it all wrong.

"I can't believe it. That's even worse! Keeping me here?! So I could be miserable?! Are you serious?!"
"Baby-"
"I just find it hilarious, you thought you knew everything, but you knew nothing at all." Jinyoung snickered.

Silence.

This is my breaking point.

"Fu** you Park Jinyiung. Fu** you too Jackson. I hate you all! Jackson, I'm breaking up with you, I can't believe I didn't do it sooner." I cried, giving them all a rude gesture and storming out of the house.