XXVI

- present;

(3rd per. pov)

"Unnie, I need to talk to you."

Mina was waiting in their living room when the couple arrived home. They both looked at each other, thinking that it wasn't a good time for her to be there, but she looked so desperate that they couldn't just make her go.

"I'll be upstairs." Chanyeol coldly says, followed by forced heavy footsteps on the way up to their room. As they both heard the door shut, Eunji let out a heavening sigh.

"What's up?" She asks her, plopping down at the couch right beside Mina. Eunji was so lost in her thoughts, distracted by her own feelings that she couldn't see how much Mina needed her attention right now.

Her whole face was pale, the only colors popping out of her face are huge red puffy circles that surrounded her eyes. Her bloodshot eyes couldn't help but cry more now that they were alone, and how Eunji can finally be there to comfort her.

Or so she thought.

"Mina, what happened?" Eunji asked, but her tone was a bit annoyed more than concerned. She held her forehead with her palm, thinking how bad the timing is. She didn't have time for any more drama.

"Taehyung oppa, he... he brought someone else at this-" She sobbed, but Eunji stopped her as she stood from the couch and looked down at her like she was wasting her time.

"I can't help you with any of this, Mina. This was your choice, you didn't listen to me so you have to suffer from the consequence." She says, clicking her tongue while she turns away from Mina then getting lost at her own thoughts again.

"I need your help, unnie. I can't... I don't know what to do, I feel hurt... I-I..." Mina stands up to face her, but was silenced by Eunji's outburst.

"Mina! Do you think that you're the only one having problems here? My fiancé is about to break up with me, I think i'm in love with my ex again, and now I kissed him in front of everyone else. So if anyone needs to be crying right now, it's me and not you!"

She panted as she finished, while Mina stood there, her mouth open, her eyes widened, surprised and more hurt at the same time at how her cousin is treating her right now. She stared at her, not believing what she has become but as she slowly closes her mouth and shake her head, she replied words that Eunji didn't expect to come out of her mouth.

"Why does everything have to be all about you? You have a fiancé who loves you, and you did nothing but hurt him. You have your ex boyfriend, who you keep on treating like trash, but do you know his side of story? Why does everything have to be about you?" She calmly says, but Eunji was lost for words. "You said it yourself, you did this to yourself so you have to suffer from the consequence."

Mina took her bag from the couch and turned away from her, a single drop of tear falling from her eye as she stepped away that she quickly wiped off of her cheek.

"Mina, wait. I'm sorry, i'm just..." She tried to explain but Mina was not having it. She turned around and gave her one last look before she was completely gone.

"It was your choice to love two men at the same time, and now it's time for you to choose."

*