VI

- present;

It was around six o'clock in the morning when I was awaken by the door bell. I opened my eyes to see my boyfriend not beside me anymore.

Right, it's friday today. They have to practice early this morning but at least he'll have the rest of his day after noon. I'm lucky I have night shift tonight so I can still sleep in.

"Jagi, did you forget something?" I shout weakly as I go downstairs, but as I open the door, it was not him. "Mina? What are you doing here?"

"Get dressed, unnie." She says as she passes by me to go sit at the couch. "You're coming with me to the fan meet."

"Excuse me?" I turn around, my hand frozen to the door knob.

She casually opens the television and sets her feet on top of the coffee table. "I got into the fan meet via raffle, I think you're giving me luck."

"No, no, no." I say, shaking my head as I paced towards her. "I'm not going to come with you anymore, not if you're going to see that group again."

"Is this because of your boyfriend?" She asks, glaring her eyes at me. "I like them both, okay? Why is he so insecure about himself?"

"It's not like that at all, he has no say about this." I sighed, taking a seat in front of her. "It's because of me."

"Why then?" She asks desperately. "Let me know so I can understand."

I took a deep breath and thought twice before I made up my decision. If I trust and tell her what happened with me and Yoongi before, she's probably not going to be taking me along with her all the time. She's also probably going to stop talking about him in front of my face too.

"I... used to date Yoongi." I say as low as a whisper, but that was enough for her to drop her jaw into the ground.

"What?" She asks, leaning closer at me as she gulps. "You... you dated him?"

"Back in high school, yes." I replied, leaning my back in the leather couch. "It was just puppy love, I guess. It's not really-"

"Wow, I thought he wasn't the dating type." She murmurs, lost in her own thoughts. She then stood up and sat beside me, looking me in the eyes while she held both of my hands. "What happened?"

I told her everything. From that time I first met him, that stupid school project we had to do, the moment I realized I like him back in the field trip, when I told him I liked him, when I told him I loved him... everything.

"It sounds so perfect, but why are you dating..." she pauses, remembering our rule. "him, instead of Suga?"

"It just never worked out." I tried to state simply, but she was not having it.

"Tell me, unnie." She squeezes my hands tighter. "Please."

And so I did.

Even though a part of me was still hurt every time I try to remember everything that happened, I felt like it happened for a reason.

If we didn't break up at all, I wouldn't have a chance to meet my boyfriend that I have right now.

"So, that's why I couldn't go back into the concert when I came with you." I admitted, feeling sorry. "It was just too much for me, especially at the hi-touch."

"I'm so sorry, unnie." She says as her mouth formed a reverted crescent shape. With tears sparkling on the corner of her eyes, she wraps her soft arms around me. "I saw how upset you were when you were driving home, I thought you were just tired but now that I think about it, you were hurting inside."

And she was right.

It's been so long. Why do I still feel like this? Why does it still bother me?

"But this gives me more encouragement to go to the fan meet." She says as she pulls away, making me surprised.

"What?" I ask. "I just told you I the reason why I can't go!"

She looked determined, like nothing was going to stop her. She then stood up and puts both of her hands on her waist and spoke,

"You're going to come with me and watch me from afar while I talk to him."

*

(3rd per. pov)

Mina passed through the members with the brightest smile and delight. She was energetic, especially when she had the chance to give Taehyung, who is her bias, a flower crown that she made herself.

She was all smiles and giggles until she reaches the last member, the member she looked forward to talk to the most after talking to her big cousin.

"Hello," Yoongi greeted Mina with a sharpie between his fingers. Mina slides the album slightly to him, opened to a page with a sticky note in it. "What's your name?"

"My name is Mina," she started, the same time Yoongi looked at the sticky note he has to answer. "I'm the cousin of Eunji."

Yoongi held his breath the moment he saw what was written in the sticky note, but when she spoke, it made him feel much worse.

"Do you regret it?"

These four words are what's written in the note, the word 'it' underlined.

"Eunji?" Yoongi repeats, not knowing how to respond to her.

"And now you're even denying you knew her." She says with a scoff as she rolls her eyes.

"I-is she here?" He asks as he stutter, his eyes searching the crowd. He then felt a sort of embarrassment, but his muscles relaxed at the same time.

"I brought her with me even though she didn't want to. Do you know how much pain you caused her?" She asks continuously, making Jin who is sitting beside him look at her too.

"I, uh," he says as he flustered, "I, can you do me a favor please?"

"And why would I do that after knowing what you did to my cousin?" She rolls her eyes yet again.

He then takes something from his pocket and decided to wrote on the sticky note, but it took him a long time to just write yes or no. "I brought this with me hoping that i'll see her again after the concert."

He sneakily puts something between the pages of the album, making it a little bulgy and slides it back to Mina.

"Thank you," he says as Mina read the sticky note. "Thank you for letting me see her again."

As soon as Mina was directed by the staff to move so the next person could talk to him now, she read the sticky note.

To Mina,

Please make her listen to Save Me. Also give her the thing I inserted in your album. Thanks.

"He didn't even answer my question!" She irritaredly whisper to herself and walk to Eunji who is waiting by the door. She then flipped the pages to see what Yoongi had inserted.

"Hey, how was it?" Eunji asks with a smile as Mina walked slowly towards her, examining something in her hand.

"He asked me to give this to you." She says with a confused face, holding out her open hand to Eunji with something she never thought she'll see ever again.

A silver necklace with a moon pendant.