XVIII

- present;

It was already 6:30 pm when Yoongi picked me up from my parents' house. The windows are heavily tinted that I couldn't see him inside, which is understandable because he's a famous idol.

"Remember what we talked about, okay?" My mom reminds me as she kissed my cheek goodbye. "Please be good to -"

"Yes, mom, I will." I say, cutting her off before she says my boyfriend's name. "Don't worry, when we get home, Yoongi and I will be just strangers."

"Take care." My dad says, and soon I reached Yoongi's car, but before he could at least wave at them, they were already inside the door, with the door closed.

He tucked both of his lips together, his eyebrows both raised, but showed a grin as I took a seat next to him.

"Where'd you go?" I asked him, as he starts the car again. "Thank you for letting me stop by my parents by the way."

"Yeah," he says, nodding. "I went to go grab us snacks."

Then he took out a white plastic bag from the side of his seat, not showing what was inside. He gives it to me, and as I place it on my lap to open it, it gives out a nice comforting heat.

I gently untied the knot and opened it, revealing two piping hot hotteoks that looked like they were just freshly made.

"Hotteok." I whispered, taking one out of the plastic bag. It felt warm against my fingers, the toasted sugar smell and steam coming out from it.

It looks just like the first hotteok we had together. The one we had when we were still strangers, when we were just getting to know each other. The one we had where we filmed one of our scenes for the project. The one we had on the...

"Don't eat it yet." He says, taking the hotteok from my hand and placing it back to the paper bag. "We still have somewhere to go to."

"Are we going to go to...?"

"Yes," he nods, and started to drive with a hint of excitement in his eyes.

"We're going to the park."

*

"Oh my god."

I couldn't say anything else when we got to the place where we ate our first hotteok together eight years ago.

In front of  the lake, the bench where we sat is still there, but it looked old and rusty. The boulder by the edge of the lake is still there too, but it's not the same. The geese are gone.

Not one was left. It looked so dead, so lonely.

However, onto the side was a new light house built. I could tell that it was new because of it's sparkling railings, and gives off a bright yet calming light that compliments the beauty of the lake.

It's like the only thing that made the lake look... alive and happy.

"Look at the lighthouse," I say to him as I point at it. "Isn't it so beautiful?"

"I prefer watching the geese." He says, passing me one of the hotteoks. "It's much too modern for a lake."

"The geese probably left the lake," I concluded, starting to eat. "But at least it's not lonely now since the light house is there."

He was silent and didn't bother to answer me. Instead, he looked far far across the lake, doing nothing but eating his hotteok slowly.