What is Love? - Chapter 31

"Are you ready?" Zeref looked up at me. I was strapped to a table, T.N.D next to me on an identical table, and the ritual was about to begin. The hospital room was dark, with only 10 black candles lit. Curtains were closed and everyone was outside except for me, Zeref, Natsu and T.N.D. My body felt hot and heavy, as if I couldn't move anymore. I looked over to T.N.D. Her face completely.. human.
"I never meant for any harm. I only wanted to bring love." Her face softened and her eyes grew teary. With my free hand I grasped hers, and smiled sympathetically.
"I know".

Zeroed picked up the original Book of Zeref. With the Title of E.N.D. The book that started it all and created us. Me and my brother. He looked at the both of us and nodded. And then, he whispered the enchantment.

"Sa owt sluos etinuer rehtegot sa eno, eno erup, eno live, eht dlrow lliw eb ta ecaep. Lleweraf ot htob sa rehtegot uoy llahs elur rof ytinrete."
There was a long pause. My eyes met Natsu's. His face filled with worry, confusion and sadness.

Then I felt this pain. It was picking at my chest.
"Ow.." I groaned a bit. It kept getting stronger.
"Something hurts.." I looked over at T.ND. Her face slowly started to fill with more and more pain.
"Ngh- AH!! IT HURTS- MAKE IT STOP!!" Her face grew red and I could feel heat escaping her body.
"Ah!" I let go of her hand, as it was burning hot- like lava. I saw Natsu and Zeref back up.
"MAKE IT STOP! I TAKE IT BACK I TAKE IT BACK!!!! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE LET ME STAY LET ME LIVE- AGHHHHHHH AHHH!" Her face was soaked in blood, tears and sweat.
"MY HEART HURTS SO MUCH-!"

And just like that the pain within me coming from my heart, grew stronger.
"Ah!! Natsu- NGH AH!!" I tried to grip my chest but the straps held tight.

And then it happened.
All at once a black smoke escaped through her mouth, blasting and circling the room. It came crashing down into me- bursting through my heart-

My heart was so red you could see it pumping through my chest- through my clothes-! As the smoke entered my body, my heart was fading from red to black..
A flash of red illuminated the room and broke the windows, the door and spread across earth. I saw nothing for a good minute.

-

"Do you think she'll wake up?"
"Course she'll wake up you popsicle!"
"Shut it flame brain!"
"Both of quit it!"
"Do I need to separate the both of you?! Don't make me get angry!"
"Oh dear.. not again."
"Aye sir!"
The voices of my friends filled my mind and I slowly could feel myself waking up..
I didn't die.

"Minna?" I mumble as I flutter my eyes open.
"SHE'S ALIVE OH THANK MAVIS!"
Natsu..
"I never doubted it!"
Gray..
"I knew you'd pull through, sis!"
Lucy..
"A tough wizard like you deserves to be an S-Class mage!"
Erza..
"We're so happy you're awake!"
Wendy..
"AYE SIR!!! I MISSED YOU (Y/N)-Chan!"
And Happy..

My vision came back fully and the smiles of my friends lit the room with joy and happiness

My vision came back fully and the smiles of my friends lit the room with joy and happiness. I couldn't help but laugh, the entire guild was in the room.
"Now that's a real man!" Elfman roared.
"You're tough, shrimp, I'll give you that." Gajeel spoke.
"I was about to electrocute you if ya didn't wake up, kid." Laxus joked. I laughed, and so did everyone else. Through the crowd I spotted Layla, smiling and crying, about to close the door and leave.

"(Y/N)." Everyone's eyes shot to Gramps who stood in the middle. Everyone moved to one of the two sides creating an aisle. He walked down it toward the hospital bed I was in.
"You have single handily saved all of Fiore from the demon E.N.D. You have turned Zeref good and to fight on our side. You have destroyed all the demons in the world. But best of all, you reunited our guild. Our Fairy Tale. On behalf of the Magic Council we ask you take Jura's spot, as number Five in the 10 Wizard Saints. Will you accept?" He said with a straight face.
"Th-this is such an honor- Of course!! Yes yes!" I burst into tears of joy..
"Fantastic..Now..WE HAVE A WEDDING TO PLAN!" Master shouted grinning. Everyone cheered and one by one they all left the room. High-fiving me, patting my head, congratulating me and more. All that was left was me and Natsu.

I looked over and saw T.N.D. Her eyes were black, as if they had been ripped out. Blood poured from them and I could still see steam coming from her body.
"Don't look. It'll just make it harder.." holding back tears I nod and look at Natsu.
"Doc says you can leave whenever you want. And.. I have something for you. He walked up to the right side of the bed and handed me a book that he had behind his back.
On the cover it read..

Kcalb

My heart stated pounding and I wrapped my arms around the book, not wanting to let go..
"I'm so so sorry, Kcalb.. you deserved better.. so much more.." I whispered. He helped me when no one else did.. he turned against his own kind all for me..
"Kcalb was a good kid, (Y/N). He sacrificed himself to eliminate every demon in the world, including himself.. he'll always be a Fairy Tail wizard in our hearts.." he said as he wrapped his body around me.
I couldn't speak. The lump in my throat made it impossible.

"Shh.." he whispered. I looked up and stared at into his eyes. His beautiful hazel eyes. The love of my life. I brushed his salmon hair away from his face and smiled.. I gulped and suddenly the lump was gone.
"Thank you, Natsu." He smiled. He took off his white scarf and wrapped it around me.. it smelled just like him. It was so soft..

"Come. The guild's waiting."
"I'll be out in a sec.. I want to say a few words to T.N.D."
He nodded and kissed my forehead.
"I'll be outside if you need me." He said as he closed the door behind him. I set down Kcalb and got up from the bed and walked over to T.N.D.

Zeref walked in a second after.
"Brother.. what are you doing here?"
"Came to see you. You look healthy." He said with his usual emotionless self.
"Every demon.. vanished." I say. When I spoke those words it was it a load had been lifted. My body felt at ease.
"At last. My creations. Finally gone." He whispered as we both started at the lifeless body in front of us.
"She just wanted happiness." I said softly.
"So did E.N.D." Zeref said.
"T.N.D., Kcalb, and E.N.D.. they all wanted to love.." I whisper.
"Zeref, where do demons go when they die?" I turn to my older brother.
"I don't know, (Y/N). I'd like to think their souls are in their books. Except, T.N.D lives with in you." He said.
"Is that why T.N.D's book hasn't shown? Her soul is in me?"
"Mhm. Unless.. a part of her stuck around."
"That's impossible though.. right?" I look up.
"I hope so." Suddenly he places his right hand on my stomach. He closes his eyes and whispers something I can't make out.

"A boy.. A healthy boy.. and hes-" he looks up alarmed. Suddenly he didn't look so emotionless.
"What- what?! He's what?!" His black eyes stare into my (e/c) ones.

"Human."
...
"Yes- YES!" I gasp and embraced my big brother.
"Haha! He's gonna be a wizard, baby sister." He smiles brightly.
"I'm so happy, Zeref.."
"Me too, (Y/N).. I'm gonna meet up with everyone outside. Meet you out there?"
"Mhm! In a sec."
"Alright. Hurry. I hear Mirajane is making her famous Strawberry cake."
"Thank Mavis." I laugh.

As the door closes, I face T.N.D and close her eyelids.. I grab her hand and smile.
"You've done good. Thank you." As those words escaped my mouth, T.N.D's body illuminated, and a gold light was shimmering from her feet making its way to her head.

I stepped back, alarmed-
"What the-" as the light surrounded her whole, the room flashed white, and I shrouded my eyes.. when it calmed down, all that was left was a book.

With T.N.D's name..

A part of her was left behind..

Then the door opened.

And there stood Layla.

I was too shocked to move.

"It's time we talked, my daughter."