Separate - Chapter 4

"S-so you're telling me your best friend is trapped in E.N.D's body?" Kcalb asked.
"Basically." I told him our journey this last year, about our guild and our adventures from Phantom lord all to the battle with Tartaros.
"W-Wow.."
"So will you help us defeat E.N.D?"
"What?! ME?! Look girlie, I gave you cookies and milk, what you humans like to eat, I did not sign up for suicide." He said getting up from the table.

"Please.. He's my best friend.." He looks at me concerned.
"Friend..?" He looks away, as if he's thinking of something.
"Haven't you ever had someone you loved?! Someone who'd you die for?!" I ask, heart racing and pounding in my chest.
"Yeah.. I have.." He looks up at me.
"You really love this guy don't you?"
"He's my best friend. Of course I do."
"Fine. I have a terrible, horrible and incredibly  foolish idea. But let's do it and see what happens."
"Well! Don't keep me in the dark, spill it!"
"Well, what if, Natsu and E.N.D aren't in the same body? What if, when E.N.D awoke his soul got separated and became an identical part of Natsu? It's stupid I know, but no demon can posses the power to be in the same body of a human. Control one, yes, but same body? No."
"T-that makes everything more easier."
"Yeah, by one percent. We still need to find a way to get into the damn place, find Natsu, find all the fucking humans he's keeping hostage, defeat E.N.D, all without dying!" He says panicking again.
"Look, it's not going to be easy, I know, but I have an idea too. It's a stretch so bare with me. E.N.D is the most powerful demon in the fucking world, he's The First. But what if, what if, Zeref were able to defeat him?" Kcalb stared at me for what seemed like forever.

"You're a psychopath." He finally said.
"I prefer creative!"
"You're telling me you want is to GET FUCKING ZEREF UP IN HERE?! I'm loosing my shit."
"I said it was a stretch!"
"We were made to kill him you peanut-sized brain idiot!"
"Yeah but I saw him kill Mard-Geer with the snap of his fingers! He's the most powerful wizard alive!"
"Exactly! And you know what he hates? Humans and demons. But you know what he loves? His fucking brother. E.N.D. You're basically asking Zeref, TO KILL HIS BROTHER, MAN YOU HUMANS ARE MAD!"

"Please! This is the only way!" Happy said flying over to us.
"You're asking me to do the impossible you know. I never even met Zeref, how can I summon him-" I looked at him with my puppy eyes. No one can resist them.
"N-no! I won't do it!"
"Just try!" I say desperately.
"God. Well I'm already neck deep in this shit.. There's is a way to summon him. But every demon can summon him only once in their life time. I'm risking this shit for you."
I smile widely and see him get up to his book shelf. He pulls out a book, bigger than the rest. It's back with a skull imprinted on the cover. He placed his hand over the book and closes his eyes while chanting an enchantment. It opens, and I realized, this is Kcalb's Book of Zeref.

He opens it the the every last page and says some more words that aren't in English and it got quiet. Nothing. Something. The wind started picking up, wolf's howls could be heard, the window shutters kept closing and opening, banging against the window until it got so loud I couldn't hear anything. I grabbed Happy and sat in the corner while Kcalb eyes flashed white as he sat still on the bed, eerily still.
It stopped. His eyes were normal. Everything was calm.
"W-where is he?" I ask.
"I never said he'd show." Kcalb said.

"You know you humans really don't know when to quit." We turn to the door, and there he was.

Zeref Dragneel.

"What is it now?"