Game Over - Chapter 28

"What do you want?!" I say wiping my tears as I get up. She was bruised, badly. My words-
"It would appear as though you can be a hateful person." She said eyeing me. Do you understand how weird it is to see someone who looks just like you for the first time? It feels as if my reflection crawled out the mirror.
"I. Am. Not. Hateful!"
"Sure.."
"Arg! I've had enough of you! Get out of my life! You're ruining it all!" My body started shaking, and I could feel my heart pumping.

"Me?!" She seemed genuinely offened. And then I looked into her eyes. My eyes. And I realized something.
"No.. no it was never you. It was my family."

E.N.D destroyed Fiore.
Zeref created the demons.
Lucy took the life I should have had.

And then there's her.

Layla.

Who ruined it all. Who did nothing. Who stayed away in fear.

"No.. it was never you.. it was them."

"W-WHAT! No! NO! Don't you dare-" she lunged toward me, but I thought of the image. The image of my mothers head in my head.
"Ngh!!" She stumbled back, shocked. Her nose was broken, black eyes forming.
"AGH!" Her yelling roared across the land, and I watched; smiling.

"N-no! (Y/N)! Whatever you think of doing don't! The consequences would be much more drastic! There would be a ripple effect-"

"As long as you're dead, I don't care." I stared down at her limp body. I could hear the bones inside of her breaking, and her cries made me smile.

"You don't understand- (Y/N)! I am your darkness! I am your evil! If you do this- You'll be the evil one, making me good! Don't you see- you'd be killing the good inside of you!"
I froze.
"What did you just say."
"You're going down a path that you can't come back from-" her face was bloody and bruised. It's as if she was one step away from death.
"Don't you see?! My death is yours as well! You won't be good anymore, (Y/N)! Listen to me, I'm trying to save us both! You turning evil would not only kill me, but yourself! You won't be the (Y/N) everyone loves! You'll be worse than E.N.D!"

"DON'T SAY HIS FUCKING NAME!" I screamed.

"A-ARH.." she whimpered in pain, crawling away.

"YOU KILLED HIM! YOU DID!"

"IVE HAD ENOUGH! NO I DIDN'T KILL HIM! ITS YOUR FAULT (Y/N) IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR FAULT! THE FACT THAT E.N.D DIED WAS BECAUSE YOU KISSED NATSU! THE FACT THAT LAYLA LEFT ZEREF AND LUCY WAS BECAUSE YOU WERE EVEN BORN! THE REASON IM HERE IS BECAUSE OF YOU!"

And that hit the switch.

I started to walk away, towards the guild.

"W-wait- NO! (Y/N)! Think about Natsu-" she groaned. I stopped in my tracks thinking of the man who kept me good. The flame brain I fell in love with.

And I did. His salmon hair, bowing in the wind. His tanned skin, lighting the way. And his irresistible smile, the smile I fell in love with years ago. Suddenly, my heart was filled with love again.

But then I remember. All I could see was hate in his eyes as he stared back at me.

"Natsu's gone."