XXXIV

I put my truck in park and turned my fog lights on to give the grassy area in front of us a dim light. I took v to my special spot on top of a cliff that over looks the ocean. I know its cheesy but she had a point about the whole 11 at night thing, nothing was really open besides a Chinese place down town but they were closing and the sound of a hard broom hitting the ground wasn't an ideal first date so i took her here where its just us.

"Damnnnnn look at youuuu" she giggled and playfully pushed my shoulder.

"What?" I giggled.

"This is so cute you're disgusting" she chuckled and leaned over the center counsel to kiss me.

"Wait Im not done yet" I smiled and quickly hopped out of the drivers seat. "One sec" i ran around to the trunk and grabbed the blankets and pillows, then running in front of the truck and laying it out nice and neat. I ran back to Vanessa's side and opened her door to grab the take out bag from her lap, and kissing her again because why not. I quickly set up the food and ran back to V one last time. "Alright come on" I giggled out of breath.

She sighed happily as we walked over to the blanket, then sitting down. I followed and sat down next to her. "This is so cute i cant even, uhg"

"Whatever jerk the next date will be better I promise, and more planned out" I giggled.

"Damn already on date one and you're talking about date two?" She chuckled and took a bite of her Potstickers with a pair of chopsticks.

"You know how to use chopsticks what the hell teach me i wanna be cool too" I giggled.

She let out a throaty laugh and helped position my fingers "there, now use the top one to grab and the bottom one as a...helper? I don't know" she chuckled.

I tried to pick up one of her potstickers and failed miserably, it fell in the soy sauce and splashed her cheek. I leaned over and kissed her cheek where the soy sauce hit and cleaned it off for her. "Whoops" I giggled. "Alright take two" I tried again and this time i got it. "Oh fuck yeah look at that" I smiled and quickly popped it in my mouth before it fell and i got hyped up for no reason.

"Took an L and you bounced back" she chuckled. " uhg let me stop I'm so tired of that song"

"Dude its so over played like damn" I smiled and took a bite of my fried rice.

"So are you gonna reach out to laur tomorrow?" She asked as she took a huge bite of her food, another reason why i love this relationship or whatever you wanna call it. We can be ourselves around each other.

I huffed and looked down as I played with my chopsticks, picking up little pieces of ham and quickly popping it in my mouth. "Are we really gonna talk about that on our first date?" I giggled.

"Yes idiot" she smiled and nudged my side with her elbow playfully. " so are you?"

"I mean yeah I guess so" I shrugged. "I don't really want to but i guess i have to"

"You don't want closure?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"I do but I- i just feel like it's weird because what if things go really good and we decided to further our relationship? its like where does that leave me and you? I just don't want to ruin things or make things awkward between us" i huffed. "And I know you'll be here regardless of what happens but everyone says that no offense" i put the lids on all of my take out boxes and pushed everything to the side. Just the thought of things being ruined between me and V makes me feel sick.

She scooped another bite into her mouth and put the lids on her take out boxes as well. Fully chewing her food and swallowing before speaking she turned her body to face me and scooted closer, then grabbing my hand. " y/n if I didn't truly mean it I wouldn't have said it" she smiled. " me and you will be perfectly fine regardless of what happens because before the sex there was still that weird connection that i never really understood because i never click with someone that quick" she giggled. "If this whole friendship was built off of sex then we would be fucked but it wasn't-- we have something to go back to" she rubbed her thumb across the side of my hand lovingly.