XIV

I pulled up next to Lauren in Jess's truck with Dinah while she was in my jeep with mani and ally. "Race you home?" I yelled over Dinah's lap

She chuckled " if I win you're giving me a back massage" she yelled back

" Fine winner gets a back massage " i smiled

"Deal" she smiled with her tongue between her teeth and reved the gas

"GO" Dinah yelled

I smiled and let her go ahead of me acting as if the car had a slow start but I just held my foot over the brake and gradually sped up

" Girl You suck" Dinah giggled and face palmed her self as she shook her head "I should've got in the car with Lo"

"She had a long day she deserves a back massage" I smiled "I did it on purpose dummy you think this truck can't pick up speed?" I chuckled

"Y'all are so fuckin cute oh my god" Dinah wiped a fake tear and turned on the radio.

I then carefully weaved through traffic to get ahead of Lauren and smiled in my rear view mirror. She looked so concentrated it was the cutest thing ever.

"Wait we're winning!" Dinah smiled

"Flip her off DJ " I chuckled and watched her stick her hand out the window and do as I told her to do. Lauren then beeped at me and we both stopped at a red light.

I pulled out my phone and called mani.

"Hello?" She giggled

"Put me on speaker" I tittered. The light was now green and Lauren was behind me. There were two lanes ahead which was a perfect time to give her the lead again. I heard rustling on the line and then laughter as she pressed the gas and got in front of me.

" HA YOU SUCK LOSER" her laugh was raspy and scratchy, my heart dropped to trucks flooring when I heard it.

"Damn you're good, what are you a race car driver on the side?" I giggled and winked at Dinah. She smiled back with her lip poked out and her hands flat on her chest.

"No but I clearly should be" she laughed evilly and I heard ally woo in the backseat being the cheerleader as always like the sweetheart she is.

"You wanna go on a racing date? There's a track 30 minutes away from my place"

"Really!" She eeked " Yes! That sounds cool as fuck! I love you"

I giggled " I love you too now don't take to long getting home after I beat you I'm gonna need your help with dinner"

"Honey I'm in the lead right now not you" she said in a sassy tone

"Not for long" i pressed the gas and almost got ahead but I then pressed the brake a little and she cut in front of me. Jessie's neighborhood rarely ever has any traffic it's super quiet so I wasn't worried about having to kill anyone for putting my girlfriend or truck in danger.

"Okay my phone is about to die sooooo gotta blast" mani then hung up which made me laugh and shake my head.

"You guys like fettuccine Alfredo?" I asked

"Who doesn't?" She giggled

"True true " I seen Lauren pull into Jesses drive way so I slowed down a little to hype her up, after 10 seconds I sped up and turned in the long driveway. Luckily the garage and fence blocked off the view of the road so she didn't see me stall. I put the truck in park and turned it off.