Going Away

Amethyst, Connie, Garnet, Pearl and Steven all stare at the green hand. I can tell they all get scared, even Garnet, who knows what will happen. I glance up for a moment, to judge how far away the ship is, then look back at Garnet. She's holding my hand so tight, if I were human, my hand would be broken.

I peck her cheek and say, "I want to try something... well, actually, Zircon does."

Garnet nods, "Alright, can I come with you?"

I think for a minute. I guess she wouldn't be in the way, I could actually use Ruby's help. I hear Zircon think.

"Yeah, let's go." I say, and we both run to the warp pad.

We get to the kindergarten and sprint to my ship. Once we get to the door, I quickly kiss Garnet and immediately defuse.

Topaz

When we come back, Zircon and I are holding hands. I turn to Garnet and say, "We need Sapphire and Ruby's help."

She nods and is surrounded by light. Soon, Ruby and Sapphire are there with worried expressions.

"What are you trying to do?" Sapphire asks, and Zircon answers. "I want to use this ships computers and controls, to try and hack into that other ship. I need Ruby to help me with the controls, and Sapphire, I need you to tell me how much time I have, and when it's up."

They both nod and walk in with Zircon. When I don't, Sapphire and Ruby stop, looking back at me confused.

"Why are you not coming?" Sapphire asks, and I smile. "There is nothing I can do here, I have no training in technology, or have a power that will help anyone. I'm going to help the others prepare, if this plan doesn't work."

Ruby nods and starts to walk away, and before Sapphire leaves, she quickly says, "If this doesn't work, you only have an hour. If it does, we have three hours until the ship crashes. Either way, each citizen of Beach City needs to evacuate."

I take a deep breath and nod. I turn to start running to the warp pad, but then Sapphire runs over to me, and gives me a hug. My eyes widen, but I return it. Soon, she pulls away and her bangs are pulled out of her face.

She looks really worried, and says, "You need to be careful, I can't lose another friend."

I smile at her, "Don't worry, I'm always careful."

I see Sapphire smirk and she says, "What about the time you didn't tell anyone that your gem was cracked?"

I start getting embarrassed and feel my face heat up, "Well, Zircon figured it out after five minutes, so it wasn't that long."

"What about the giant strawberry, that didn't look exactly stable."

"I didn't know if was going to get kicked!"

"And jumping off the top of the temple?"

My face burn from how embarrassed I am and say, "...... Technically it was Zircon who jumped."

Sapphire laughs and places a hand on my shoulder. "Just promise you'll be careful for once."

I smile and say, "Of course, you and Ruby need to be carful too."

Sapphire nods and we hug once more, this time, it's the last.

"Good luck!" I yell to her as I walk away.

"Remember, try and get everything done in an hour! If it doesn't show up, run. It will crash!" Sapphire yells back.

"Alright, we'll be ready!" I call out and as I run to the warp pad I hear someone run up next to me. For a minute, I think it's sapphire. That's until I get lifted up into the air and spun around.