Welcome Back

Topaz

It's been twelve days since Zircon retreated into her gem. For twelve days I've been carrying her gem around and basically scaring everyone. When there's a mission I silently place Zircon on a pillow on the couch and walk to the warp pad. I haven't talked to anyone since the second day Zircon was gone. Not even Ruby and Sapphire. I just stay silent and let the tears fall constantly. Why isn't she back yet! I'm already hurting everyone around me, and I can't help them until she's back! I'm sitting on the couch with Zircon in my hands when Steven walks over.

"I know you don't want to talk, but how about we get a party ready for when she comes back?"

He sits down next to me and I think about it for a moment, finally nodding my head. She'd like that...

He smiles at himself. I guess he's happy. He's the first one in ten days to get a reaction from me. He jumps off the couch and goes to get all the gems.

They are all crowded on the floor in front of the couch, looking at me. I stare back, not knowing what to do. Steven runs to get a pad of paper and crayons. He writes, 'Zircon Party Idea's' on top and looks at me.

"So what's Zircons favorite color?"

I immediately answer him. "Yellow." I look down at the gem and remember her always saying I'm her favorite color.

I smile and Steven asks another question. "So we want balloons, what shape?"

I think for a minute. "Stars." He asks more questions and fills up the paper.

Once he's done everyone talks about the plans for the party, and where it should be. They all start talking about a 'pretty' battle site with strawberries when I interupt them.

"She'd like the party at the beach. She doesn't know this battle site, or much about any of the battles here. It will make her uncomfortable." Everyone listens and changes the location to the beach.

They all get the things, so when she reforms, I'll distract her while the others set up. Although I'm still not talking, I'm making sure that everything for Zircon will be perfect. As I'm checking the balloons I hear Ruby and Sapphire come up behind me. The balloons aren't inflated so I start to fold them up and put them in a pile.

"Hey Topaz, you doing ok?" I hear Ruby say behind me, I nod and finish with the pile. When I turn around I see them behind me looking annoyed.

"Why won't you talk?" Sapphire says.

Because of I do I'll burst out in tears every time. I, of course, can't say this, or it will happen. Instead I shrug and try to walk around them. They won't let me.

Ruby is getting more and more mad at my silence. We stay like that for a whole minute until she finally snaps.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TALK!" She yells, throwing her hands into the air.

I quickly decide to speak, before things go bad. "I-"

I stop and take a deep breath to stop myself from crying, but it doesn't stop them from hearing how upset I voice in my voice. "I'm sorry."

Ruby looks shocked and then worried, "No, no don't be sorry. I was just mad-"

I cut her off. "No, I should be sorry, I've been hurting everyone." She should have just let me get poofed.

Somehow Sapphire senses that I was think that and says, "Topaz, it's not your fault she went back into her gem. Don't think it would be better if she let you get hurt instead."

I nod and laugh a bit. "I have to get over this, I'm far too old." Sapphire and Ruby both smile and they finally let me leave them.

I go out to the beach with Zircons gem on a pillow and watch the water. I see everyone gather on the porch out of the corner of my eye. Garnet is back and she doesn't look too happy. I ignore them and look at Zircons gem again.

It starts to light up and floats of the pillow. As it does, I feel the wave of emotions hit me all at once again, and I quickly stand up. I see Zircons past forms show, finally ending with her current one. She lands on the ground, now with long blue hair tied in a bun on top of her head. She's wearing a white t-shirt with a giant blue star and small yellow ones. She also has dark blue jeans and white sneakers. When she sees me she smiles and runs into me. We fall onto the ground hugging each other tight.

"You back." I tell her. She tries to pull back but I won't let her, "I missed you so much." I start to cry again, and she's able to pull away from me.

She gasps when she sees I'm crying and picks me up. I put my arms around her neck and cry into her shoulder.

She wispers in my ear, "Topaz, don't cry. We've been separated longer than that."

I pick my head up and look at her. "That's the thing, we've been separated for so long. I only just got you back and then you're gone for a little bit, and I don't know when you're coming back."

She sighs and says, "It's alright now, I'm back."

She kisses away my tears and I giggle.

"Just don't do that again." I glare at her, and playfully hit her shoulder.

She just chuckles and sprinkles my face in kisses, spending more time at my lips. She starts moving down to my neck and I say, "Zircon, the others are watching." She lifts her head up and looks into the porch.

When I look at them I see Steven covering his eyes, Pearl and Amethyst are blushing and Garnet has a blank face. When she sees us looking at them she ushers everyone inside. Before she goes in she gives us a thumbs up and a smile. I blush and once everyone is inside Zircon starts back up right where she left off. I giggle and push her face back. She laughs and places me back down. So what do I distract her with?

"Hey Zircon, want to try building something else from your ship?"

She thinks about it for a moment and nods. "Do you want to be Jadeite again?"

Uh oh, she'll know about the surprise. "Lets do it with just the two of us. It will be fun!"

She looks confused, but gets excited anyways. "Lets go!"

She picks me up again and runs to the house. When we get inside we see all the gems sitting on the couch. Zircon places me down and walks over to the warp pad. "One minute." I tell her, she just nods and looks out the window.

I run over to the gems and say, "I'm sorry for being so rude over the last few days."

They all say they understand and I continue, "We're going to her ship, it will be at least two hours, so get the party set up and make sure it's perfect!"

They all nod, and I flash a quick smile. I walk over to Zircon and take her hand, "Lets go!" I say happily and she grins. We wave at the others and warp to the Kindergarten.