Time to Party

Topaz

When we get to the kindergarten we run over to Zircons ship.

"So what can you make?"

She thinks for a moment and then goes through all the plans she has. "Hmmm . . . laser gun, robot, another hover craft . . ." She gets lost in her thoughts so I poke her cheek.

"How about a robot?" She smiles and says, "Okay, it can be like our own little pet!"

I giggle at how she gets so excited at the littlest things. She runs around getting all the materials and I look over the plans, checking for any deadly errors. None pop out at me, and she goes on with her work.

It takes two and a half hours, but she finally finishes the little robot. It only goes up to my knee, but it's very cute. It runs and jumps around and looks like a little puppy.

"It's so cute!" I say, picking it up.

Zircon laughs as she picks up her working area. "Yeah, I'm happy that it worked out. And we don't have to worry about losing it, it has a built in tracking device. And it is able to sense when we're in danger and fight."

I nod and say, "As long as it doesn't hurt anyone at home."

She nods and walks over to me, "So you want to go home now?"

I smile and place the robot puppy down. I take her hand and we start to walk out, with the puppy following us.

"What should we call it?" I ask her.

She thinks for a minute and then smiles. "You know the gem that helped you escape when you had to leave?"

I try to think of the gem she's referring to. "You mean Amber?"

She smiles and says, "Yeah, we should name the puppy after her!"

I smile and nod. Zircon picks up Amber and does something that only she would know, and sets the puppy back down.

"There, now she knows."

She takes my hand again and we start walking to the warp pad.

Right before we get there, I hear a horrible noise, between a scream and cry. We all stop and listen as the sound repeats itself. We follow the noise and see a big metal injector  covering up a hole. Zircon quickly pushes it aside and we slide down. Once we get in there we see an abandoned room and a bunch of little hands and feet crawling everywhere. I pick one up and pull it apart, but jump back when I see the gem.

"Zircon!"

She runs over to me and picks up the gem. "What? No . . ."

We see two gems forced together. We quickly poof the others and bubble all the gems. That is, until a giant forced fusion jumps out from behind a pile of junk.

"Topaz, we need to have Jadeite here, now!" I run over to her and we're surrounded by a white light.

Jadeite

Once the light disappears I quickly pull both sides of the fusion apart, and catch the gems before they fall. I cry as I bubble them and send them to the temple. I look for Amber and see her at the entrance of the room. I pick her up and quickly leave, and make my way to the warp pad. I just step on it when I split apart.

Topaz

We both go flying away from each other, crying. I pick myself up and make my way to Zircon. I sit next to her and cry, Amber sees us upset and sits in my lap.

"How could Homeworld do this?" Zircon says, sobbing.

"It must be punishment for the rebellion. They used fusion so much, this must be to mock them."