Talking Day

Jadeite

The white light faded and I laugh while hugging myself. I hear cough from behind me and turn to see the Crystal Gems. I quickly try to cover my extra eyes, but of course, I failed.

"Woah, Jadeite you have four eyes!" Steven exclaims, running to a spot right in front of me.

I make sure they're covered up right and blush a little. No one has ever actually seen my extra eyes. "Uh, yeah. We're not a perfect relationship."

I feel kind of awkward but then Garnet takes of her visors, "Neither are we." She shows her three different colored eyes. I seriously think Steven is going to explode from how excited he is.

He jumps around saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!"

Garnet and I chuckle. I look at Pearl and Amethyst and they both have wide eyes and their mouths wide open. I giggle and walk over to them. Only their eyes follow me and that only makes me laugh more. I bring both my hands under each chin and close their mouths.

That seems to bring back Pearl, she blushes and mutters, "Sorry."

I look at my gems again and realize that I don't have my left one covered. I quickly look on my belt for my bandana, but I can't find it.

I hear Garnet laugh behind me. I spin around and see her holding it. "Looking for this?"

I smile and nod, taking it from her. I cover up my left gem and look up to see Garnets confused face.

"I know why you cover a gem, but why that one?"

I blush a little, why, all of a sudden, are they all trying to find out everything personal to us? I hear Zircon think. "Oh, Zircon doesn't like having Topaz's gem exposed, she'd rather hers gets seen first. And Topaz thinks it's cute, so she goes with it."

Garnet has a small smile and nods. "That is cute." She says, and it just makes me blush even more. What? Both gems think.

I look for Steven and see that he's still running all around. He runs back over to us and says, "When were you planning on telling us about being a fusion Jadeite?"

When were we going to? Zircon thinks and Topaz wasn't sure either.

I look at him and smile, "When both of my gems were ready, so probably another year or so."

His eyes widen, "It would have taken a year?!"

I look down for a minute and then back up. "Yep." He's still shocked about my answer and I laugh a little at his reaction.

Garnet looks down at Steven and says, "Steven, could I talk to Jadeite for a moment please?"

He nods and runs to the house. I look back at Garnet and see she's already sitting in front of the water. I walk over and sit next to her, waiting for her to speak.

"I'm sorry you came undone, I know how hard it is to try keeping it a secret." I look at her for a moment, her face with no emotion and her visors were back on.

I sigh and look back at the water. "Yeah, but it had to happen eventually. I couldn't get back together after so long with no problems."

She nods and there's a pause in the conversation. "How long have they been together?" Garnet asks.

I laugh and say, "About twelve thousand years." She whips her head around to look at me. "What?"

I smile and say, "They've known each other for a while. Everything was fine until, maybe three hundred years before you did? They accidentally fused with each other and made me. We were lucky to be alone then, but Zircon was there when Ruby was ordered to be shattered. After that, everything went downhill and Topaz had to leave." I'm still looking out at the ocean and when I turn back to Garnet I see a tear running down her face.