1 - CREATION, TIGER

Ages and ages ago before Korea was, the Heavenly Princess lived in the Palace of the Sun with her Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother and friends in the huge golden palace full of jewels and precious stones alive with music, songs, and poets

From the sky, the Heavenly Count floated over an immense amount of water. As the Princess looked over the balcony into the water, the golden jeweled fish that was her crown slipped off her head and fell into the muddy water, punk.

The Heavenly Princess was distraught, most upset, most unhappy; it was her most valued golden jewel. "How could I have done this?" Then she yelled, "Father, father I need help my golden jeweled fish is gone."

Her father put his arms around his crying daughter to calm her anger and anguish. "Father, I am clumsy. What will happen?"

The Heavenly Father called for the Guard of the West, who was Tiger spirit and lived in the Palace. "Guard Tiger call a search in the Palace to find the the golden jewel fish."

Guard Tiger returned, "The fish is nowhere; all the Guards of the Directions searched everywhere."

Then Guard Tiger looked below into the muddy waters. He asked, "Heavenly Princess might the golden jeweled fish slipped into the water?"

The Princess guilt answered, "The jeweled fish escaped into the water. How can you ever find the fish in that murky water? There will be chaos and creation of the unknown." The Heavenly Princess wept.

The Heavenly Father stood steady for himself and to stabilize his daughter's stress, "I know your fear, we are creators. What happens will happen, out of chaos there will be good. All things happen for the best."

"Father, the jewels have the power to start life."

"Daughter, the jewel fish causes concern, we want a positive reaction to the possibles of change."

Tiger, the guard of the West, said, "I have the strength, and I am able. I will find your fish."

All the heavens with the Heavenly Father, the Princess, and the Prince watched silently while the Celestial Guard Tiger leaped over the balcony and splashed into the water and mud below.

With care both hands dug, Guard Tiger checked each handful of mud then stacked in a pile. He did not notice the muck on him or the enormous mounds with water trickling from them. Intently, he observed and touched, squeezing with his careful hands feeling for the hard golden jeweled fish. Anxiously and swift, he searched to prevent any chaos, anything could happen with the fish missing.

Finally, his gentle hands found the delicate golden fish. His strong fingers pulled it from the mud. His shout of victory heard as he held the golden fish up to the Heavenly Court. With a leap, the muddy Guard Tiger lands on the baloney, Guard Tiger bowed and presented the golden jewelry fish to the Heavenly Princess.

With her face marked my tears, eyes red and puffy, she smiled took the fish. Happily, she jumped around. Then carefully wiped mud from the golden fish and touched empty spaces on the body, "Jewels are missing. Dad, what will happen?"

"Daughter, watch and see what the jewels create. As the celestial Guard Tiger searched, he built mountains from mud with water seeping into valleys that drained into rivers. I think, Guard Tiger left a few of his concerns and abilities in the mud piles."

The Heavenly Prince listening, leaned on the baloney and said, "I will check every day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHECK SOURCES PART *BIBLIOGRAPHY FOR KOREAN TALES.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

© This version 'The Heavenly Guard, Tiger' is mine as told at the Asian Art Museum in the Korean Gallery, 2002 -2012.

There are only 2,000 Tigers left in our world and causes great sadness for this mightiest of earthly beasts! ~~~~~~~~~~ from a million.

😋 I Hoped you enjoy the segue of the stories about Tiger as a character in Korean History more than 4,500 years ago. Please leave a ⭐️ vote and a comment to make telling better.