Chapter Eight - Pressure

POV; Cammie.   Wednesday evening

I woke with a start, not sure what had startled me. My vision was blurry still with leftover tears.
knock, knock, knock
The door I thought looking around but not seeing the changes yet, I pulled myself up and keeping the blanket around me I shuffled to the front door, carefully opening it
"Yes"
"Car for Miss Salvatore" said the uniformed man on the porch
"I didn't order a car" I said
"I have been sent by the Elder council to collect you, they require your presence"
"No" I said backing away. Stay safe, hide, hide, stay safe, safe, hide, run whispered round and round in my mind.
"Pardon" the driver exclaimed " I must insist" trying to take a step forward but failing to pass the wards.
I shook my head, "I'm not going anywhere until my grandmother gets here"
"Listen to me, Miss, you must come with me to the Elders" he was getting annoyed now and I could feel my stress building, rubbing my temples i looked at him, a prickling in my head making me feel nauseous "go away" I shouted.
The man stilled and his eyes glazed over "go away" he repeated
"Yes, go back to the council alone, I am not going, go away" I told him.
"Yes, go back to the council alone, go away, he repeated again"
I looked at him, what was wrong with him suddenly parroting what I said, I felt the tingle again prodding me to take note, I realised then what had happened, Could I have another 'gift' compulsion. "Stop" I commanded and he did. I quickly though about his visit what did the council want with me, they would not be happy I had refused to go, what could I do..."you will tell the council I was not here, you couldn't find me" I said in a loud voice.
"Could not find you, not here, tell council" he repeated
"Go and you will forget me when you leave" I ordered and he left.

POV Xavier
I was outside in the greenhouse feeling tense, I could feel how upset our mate was and was frustrated we had been unable to find her so far, I started rubbing my mate mark, it carried a constant tingle which was both sensuous and frustrating, i closed my eyes and took a deep breath putting my hands in the soil to calm down. Breathing deeply I prayed she was okay.
A light tickle on my arm had me jumping back in shock, all around me was greenery, every plant had grown and new plants had come up from bare soil, green leaves and bright colours surrounded me.
"Guys, you might want to come to the greenhouse" I said through our link, stunned.
Within five minutes we all stood looking at the changes, "what did you do" Jericho asked
"I thought about our mate and put my hands in the soil"
"That's all" Ben queried.
"Yep, she making me stronger, I've never done this before, didn't even know I could and this is without seeing or touching her, when we meet it's going to be even stronger" I worried.
Jericho patted my shoulder "we'll worry about that after we find her, it might have been a one off surge"
"We need to find her soon, if we are gaining strength from her, she must be under huge pressure" Xavier said
"Do we ask the council?"
Xavier laughed "the council no, I don't trust them all, but mum and dad yes, they are back tomorrow we can ask them then"

POV Cammie

I watched the car leave and turned to close the door, something was different, I peered outside noticing for the first time how green and vibrant everything looked, had it rained, it all looked fresh and clean, shrugging I shut the door and wrapping the blanket tighter as my stomach rumbled and I went into the kitchen to eat.
The fridge was full of neatly wrapped meals labelled by my mother, I took one our and carefully removed the label using a magnet to attach it to the fridge door, not ready to loose the small link with mom.
I set the food in a tray and carried it back to the conservatory only to stop in shock at the door, green everywhere with brightly coloured blooms creating an indoor oasis, I had done this I realised, it must have been me but how, I smiled softly wishing my parents could see this, it was beautiful "thank you" I whispered to the room, my mom had always talked to her plants "they will love this" I said out loud.
As I finished my dinner, My phone vibrated with a message, checking the screen
WILL BE LANDING AT 08.30 SHOULD BE WITH YOU BY 10AM DO NOT LEAVE HOUSE REDO WARDS TONIGHT STAY SAFE XX NONA
I quickly texted back, so she knew I had received the message and clearing away I started redoing my wards.