Chapter One - I want a mate like yours.

POV: Cammie (Aged 17 and 364 days)

We were sat around the table outside enjoying the late summer warmth, it was the day before my 18th birthday, a milestone in my life because at 18 we get our gift and many of us feel our mates for the first time.

What am i you ask - well i am an elemental to be exact and at 18 the goddess blesses us with an gifts to help our people.  My parents  both have water gifts and met during a holiday on Lake Windermere, they saw each other and make waves, literally.
"mum do you think i will get a water gift like you and dad"  i ask.
" Cammie you are special, i am sure the goddess has a wonderful gift for you, just wait until tomorrow and you will see"
"I hope its not as confusing as my mate mark" i sigh, my mate mark resembled a five pointed compass- something that had not been seen before, i absently rubbed my hand over the mark above my left hip, jumping slightly as little tingles spread from it.
"one day you will find a mate who will love and cherish you the way we do, just wait its fated that you will have someone" mum smiles.
"it will all be fine baby girl, don't worry whatever gift you get we will be here to help you" Dad said ruffling my hair "come on lets go in now you have a big day tomorrow"
Leaning over i kiss my parents on the cheek and wish the goodnight, smiling to myself as i hear them move together and embrace.  i hope my mate bond is like that, love, support and understanding of each others needs.