new and old

Rafinha picked me up from my apartment and we headed to the airport together, but he hasn't said more than a few words to me. It would be a good thirty minute ride to the airport and I refused to sit in uncomfortable silence. "I'm sorry about yesterday." I blurted out. "Are you ever gonna be my girlfriend or are you just gonna keep stringing me along?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road for once. And honestly I couldn't give him an answer. We arrived on the runway where the private jet was waiting. I followed Rafinha aboard the plane, and upon entrance I saw Neymar and Bruna. We all said our greetings but Rafinha and I sat apart from each other.

Hours later we arrived in Brazil and I was suppose to be staying at with Rafinha, but I decided to stay at my family home alone instead. "David, just texted let's meet him up for lunch." Neymar said as we rode from the airport together. "That's fine by me." I said and everyone else agreed. Net had the driver turn around and we soon arrived at our destination. David had gotten us a private room in the restaurant and some other Brazilian players were in attendance too. It had been months since I'd seen David, so not surprisingly I was a little nervous to see him. "I've missed you." He said hugging me tight. "I've missed you too." I said as we broke our embrace. "I want you to meet someone." He said taking me by the hand through the room full of people. "This is Sarah my girlfriend." He said introducing us. "Oh, hello." I said to her and surprised that David introduced us because they had been off and on for years and he never did. "I've heard so much about you, and it's nice finally meeting Davids best friend." She said smiling. "It's nice to meet you too." I said turning around to walk away from them but I couldn't help but notice Rafinha staring at me and not in a possessive jealous type way but something more endearing. I found my way over to where he was standing and I interlocked my fingers with his so we were holding hands and he looked surprised by actions.

Later that night I did end up back at Rafinha's place but we didn't do much talking if you get my drift.