Chapter 9

JACOB'S P.O.V

(This is before the knock on the door, sorryyyyy i was too lazy to change the previous chapter)

I was snuggled up to Katie as we watched old movies. "Wanna go out tonight?" I ask. She smiles and nods. I jump up. "Great! We're going on a date." I say. She laughs. "EWWWWWW." Seth yells. WE all laugh. Then I hear the knock, and I instantly get into defence mode. Katie places a hand on my arm. "It's not always a danger." she says. I nod and relax. I open the door and see a pale lanky girl. Bella. "Jake!" she says, jumping up and hugging me. I forget everything and hug her back, inhaling her scent. Strange. She didn't smell like leech anymore. "Why don't you smell like leech?" I ask. She cocks her head. "Leech? What's that?" My eyes widen. WOAH. She doesn't remember her bloodsucker. Joy overwhelms me. Finally! I have her. I hug her again. I hear a low growl from behind me. Probably Paul. I roll my eyes. I don't care if she's an ex-leech lover, she doesn't even remember. "Wanna hang out tonight?" she asks. I nod excitedly, and leave the house with her without looking back.

KATIE'S P.O.V

How could he? He blew our date for a leech lover. Worst part is, I actually thought he might love me. I regret saying that not everything is danger. Because APPARENTLY EVERYTHING IS DANGER IN MY LIFE. Stupid Katie. No one will ever love you. No one will ever love you. I wince at the sound of my father's words. "Katie." I turn to see Embry. He places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry." He whispers. I nod, the tears threatening to fall. "I gotta go." I say quickly before throwing on my jacket and taking off. I fly through the forest and over the treaty line. Jacob doesn't want me to cross it without me telling him, but right now I don't give a crap. When I reach the Cullen's house, I see Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett already waiting at the door for me. Edward opens his arms. I burst into tears and run into them. His cold embrace soothes me, and I feel a bit better. He run his hands through my hair. "Shhhh. Shhhh. It's okay." he coos. "How did you know?" I ask. "Alice saw it. She and Jasper went to go talk to him." he explains. I nod, and Rosalie walks over. "Come on, Katie. Let's get you inside." Rosalie puts her arm around my waist and walks me to her room. I collapse on the couch she has in her room, and she chuckles. "Katie, as much as I love you, and I feel your pain, but you need to SUCK IT UP." Rosalie says. I'm actually not surprised. "You can't let him control you like this. You are a strong woman, I know you are. Part of me was disappointed when Jacob took that away from you. BUT NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET IT BACK. Show that man-whore you mean business." Rosalie says with a nod. I smile. "But first, girl stuff." Rosalie whips out 2 tubs of ice cream and a bag of other goodies. She smirks, and I put my hand on my heart. "You know me so well."

Rosalie and I spend the next couple hours just talking. I tell her everything I've been worried about, and how upset I am. She nods understandingly. "I appreciate you listening to me rant. Thanks, Rosey." I say. She smiles. Emmett bursts through the door. "Is she better now? Or still a basic 17 year old?" he asks. I scoff and lift him up using my power. When he's decently high, I drop him to the stone hard ground. "Ow." He winces. Rose and I laugh. "It takes DAYS, even WEEKS, no, YEARS, to get over a break up." I exaggerate. We all laugh. "It's gonna hurt for a while, but I feel better." I say. He smiles. "Good. Cause we're going out!" Emmett says. "All of us! Well, except Carlisle and Esme. What do you wanna do?" He asks. I laugh. "How about the beach?" I say. Rosalie nudges me. "You sure?" she knows that the beach is an emotional place for me, but I want to go and conquer this weight. I nod vigorously, and she pushes me lightly. "That's my girl."

JACOB'S P.O.V

Bella and I walk down first beach together. Bella and I. Those words sounded so good, but yet they kind of stung. I don't know why. "So, how's your dad?" Bella asks. "He's doing great." I answer. "Really? I'm pretty sure that 'great' would mean he was out of that wheelchair." Bella scoffs, rolling her eyes. Ouch. I feel anger boiling, but I push it away. Why was Bella being so bitchy? Was she always this bitchy? How come I never noticed? Suddenly, Bella stops. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Gotta go. I have plans." she says plainly. I feel a bit hurt. "I thought we were hanging out?" I say. She rolls her eyes. "Sorry. Just double booked. I was bored to I came to hang out with you. It's not a big deal." she says. Then she takes off for her car, and disappears. Why was she so rude? I hear loud laughter and turn to see a group of people. The Cullens. They are all laughing and goofing off. Suddenly, the bear looking one - Emmett - picks someone up and starts running towards the water. They shriek, and he throws her in. I see a blurb of dark brown hair, and it is suddenly surrounded by a purple blaze. Katie. SHIT. I completely forgot! I was so wrapped in Bella. What a shitty boyfriend I am. She floats above the water, laughing. Then she lifts up the water and splashes it over Emmett completely. He is lying on the ground, coughing and laughing. They all laugh, Katie still floating. The rest of the Cullens walk up to help Emmett out, and Katie sees me. Shit. Her bright smile fades quickly, and her purple haze disappears. She lets out a small squeal as she falls, but someone catches her. Edward. I growl and step forward. He looks at her in concern, and says something I can't hear. She nods and jumps out of his arms. Luckily, nobody is around at this time, so nobody would've seen what Katie had done. I march up to them. "What the hell were you thinking? What if someone saw you?" I yell at Katie. She stands up taller. "I have no concern for what you think. Nobody saw." she says in a monotone voice. I'm a little shocked. "Katie?" I start, but she cuts me off. "No, Jacob. Just leave." she says. "What?" I ask, a little confused. "LEAVE!" she yells. There are tears in both of our eyes, but I just nod and walk away. When I reach a clearing, I phase. I howl quietly, so that no one will hear. I listen in for Katie. "It's okay Katie." a sweetly sick voice says. Edward. "Yeah. Just tired. And sad." Katie sobs. My heart shatters. I did this. I did this to my own imprint. How stupid was I? I whimper in pain. I run back to Emily's house and phase. I hope for some peace and quiet, but instead of I get tackled to the ground. "YOU HURT MY SISTER! I TOLD YOU NOT TO! I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!" Paul screams. I look to the guys to help me, but they just shake their heads. Instead of fighting back, I let Paul beat me up. The pain I feel now is nothing compared to what I feel for hurting Katie. I deserve this. "PAUL! STOP!" someone screams. I look to the voice with my bruised eye. Katie is standing there, her fists ablaze. "He hurt you." Paul snarls. "He did. But that doesn't mean you get to hurt him." she snaps back. Paul slowly stands up and walks back into the cabin with the guys following. 

A/N: Will they make up?? OH SNAPPPPP. Btw, sorry that the story title doesn't really match the actual book. I'm a crappy writer. LOVE YOU ALL SOOSOSOSOSO MUCH!