Chapter 4

KATIE'S P.O.V

I hear a bird chirping. I'm awake, I get it. I don't open my eyes because the sunlight will probably kill me. I crack my eyes open, and see something that makes my heart stop. I scream at the top of my lungs and hunch back against the wall. Paul bursts into my room. "Katie! What's wron-" his eyes widen. He takes in my room. The floating objects. My things are levitating in mid-air, surrounded by a purple blaze. "What's happening?" He asks. "I don't know!" I say. Paul's eyes trail down to my hands, and I look down as well. My hands are covered in the same purple flame. I scream again, and all the objects fall to the ground. Luckily, I have a carpeted floor, so nothing breaks. "Nononononononono!" he yells. He picks me up and drags me outside. "Paul! Where are we going?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. He throws me into the car and starts driving. He's speeding, but halts to a sudden stop. "Why aren't we moving?" I ask. He pulls out his phone. "Rose. Yeah. Something's wrong. I'm at the treat- dead... line. Okay. Thank you. HURRY!" he yells. "Rose??" I ask. He shakes his head and looks out the window expectantly. I look down at my feet, and almost immediately I hear knocking on my window. Rose stands by my door. I open the door and step out. "How did you get here so fast?" I ask. She shakes her head. She walks over to her car. "Get in." she says. "What about Paul?" I ask. She snorts. "He'll join us later." Rose says, then she speeds off.

"She's a siren." Carlisle says. A siren? WHAT THE HECK IS A SIREN?? "Ummm. What's a siren?" I ask. He chuckles. "I guess we should explain the supernatural world to you." Carlisle says. "Edward?" Carlisle says gesturing to Edward. He sucks in a breath. "Here we go."

I'm a little shocked. Werewolves? Vampires? "I know it's hard to take in, but you have to understand." Edward says. I shrug. "It's cool." I say. He looks taken aback. "You-You're okay with all this?" He asks. I nod and jump up. "Wow. Okay." He says. I laugh. "I've never met a girl like you." he says. I smile and walk into the kitchen where Esme hands me a plate of food. I smell it and collapse in a chair. "Thank you so much Esme! I love your cooking." I say. I wolf it down, no pun intended. I clear my plate and put my plate in the sink. I jump onto the couch and Emmett laughs. Suddenly, I hear a loud bang and a yell. "YOU TOLD HER??" Jacob. "I WAS SUPPOSED TO TELL HER! SHE'S BEEN HERE FOR TWO DAYS, LEECH! TWO FREAKING DAYS!" he screams. I jump up and run into the hallway. Jacob is screaming at Edward as Sam and Embry hold him back. "Jacob." I whisper. Somehow through the yelling, Jacob stops and looks at me. He calms down, and I take a step closer. He runs to me and pulls me into his arms. I am enjoying his warmth, when someone taps my shoulder. "What?" I snap. Alice is pointing to the ceiling. The whole living room is floating, covered in a purple flame. "Sorry!" I say, releasing everything. "WAIT NO!" Jasper yells, and the whole living room falls, but I catch it in time. Everyone sighs in relief. Jake grabs my waist and leans in so that his lips are touching my ear. I see Bella tighten, and I smirk on the inside. "I need to talk to you, alone." Jacob says. I nod and he leads me outside into the woods. When we reach a small pond, he stops and faces me. "So. You know about the supernatural." He says. I nod. "Are you scared?" He asks. I shake my head. He exhales. "Did Edward tell you about imprinting?" He asks. I cock my head. "No." he smiles. "Imprinting- imprinting is a very beautiful thing. It's not necessarily love at first sight, but it's kind of like that. When a wolf imprints, all that matters is the imprint. They will be whatever their imprint needs, a friend, protector, lover, whatever." he explains. I nod. "Did you imprint?" I ask, my voice breaking slightly. "Yeah." he smiles. I should've known he would never like me. "She's the most beautiful girl in the world. I would do anything for her." he says dreamily. JEE THANKS JACOB. Rub it in. Rub in the fact that I will never be loved. "Who is it?" I ask. FRICK. Why would I ask that??? It's just going to make me hurt more. He laughs lightly and then turns serious. "You." The whole world stops. I can only see Jacob's eyes. He leans in and kisses me lightly. I snake my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He puts his hands on my waist, and our lips are moving together perfectly. I want more. I kiss him aggressively, and he kisses me back. Finally, we both pull away, gasping for air. He leans his forehead on mine, and smiles. I smile back. I feel complete. 

"So you all have powers?" I ask. Edward smiles. "Alice sees the future, Jasper extorts emotions, Carlisle can take away pain, and I read minds." Edward explains. I'm guessing that Rose and Emmett don't have any special powers, so I don't ask. "Wait, you can read minds??" I ask. Edward yells. "Yes. But I can't read yours." he says. "What?" I ask. "It kind of frustrated me at first, but I've accepted it." Edward says. "Why can't you read my mind?" I ask. Edward shrugs. Suddenly, Seth bursts into the room, knocking me to the side. I fall into Edward's arms, and he wraps them around me. Jacob growls, and we both pull away. Jacob crosses the room and pulls me from Edward. I roll my eyes, but Jacob's overprotectiveness is adorable. "KATIE! PAUL!" Seth yells. We turn to him. "It's -it's-" but he is interrupted by a loud bang. The door flies open, and there stands my father.