Chapter 7

JACOB'S P.O.V

I'm starting to get concerned about Katie. Where was she?? She promised we would hang out tonight, and I was worried. She was being a little strange, according to Paul. And plus, I could tell she was feeling down. I tried to help her, but every time she seemed better, she would be down again. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my ankle. Katie. I jump up. Everyone looks at me, confused. "What is it?" Seth asks. "It's Katie! Something's wrong!" I yell. They all jump up, concerned. "Her ankle. Something's wrong." I say again. We all run out the house and phase. I run the fastest I've ever run, and I don't see the trees beside me. When we reach the treaty line, I don't hesitate to bound over it and into the Cullen's territory. I phase when the house is in view, and slip on shorts. I'm angry. Like, REALL ANGRY. I kick the door down and see the Cullens all circled in the living room. "HEY!" I yell. They all snap around. "WHERE IS MY IMPRINT?" I scream. They all stay silent. "WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT HAPPENED? TALK TO ME!" I scream. Alice hands me a piece of paper. I read it.

I had to leave. I'm sorry. You don't need me. Don't look for me. I love you. -Katie.

My heart stops. No. Katie. I can't. Not her. I collapse onto my knees, and Embry helps me up. "I have to find her!" I exclaim. She couldn't have gone far. I run outside, jumping down the steps. As soon as my feet hit the ground I phase. I bound through the forest, sniffing for Katie's beautiful scent. Tears are running down my face, and my heart is shattered. She was slipping away from me. She was breaking, and I didn't do anything. The guilt overwhelms me, and I can't breathe. I halt and howl as loud as I can. The howl is agonising, and full of pain and heartbreak. My howl is followed by a few other. My nose is hit with a scent. Katie. I take off, following it. I know this path. The cliff. I'm surprised none of the guys have jumped into my thoughts, and I'm grateful. I stop at the bottom of the cliff, and see Katie standing at the edge. No. She can't. She wouldn't. But she would. I fly up the hill, I have to save her. I whimper. Katie. My love. She can't be doing this. She bends her knees. I howl. She snaps around and looks at me, her eyes red and pained. My eyes widen. "I'm sorry." she whispers. Then she turns and jumps. 

NO! NO! NO! I yelp and jump off the cliff in one bound. She's surrounded by a purple orb. What the heck? Tears are flying up her face. I phase mid-air and pull on my shorts (ehheeh sorry). I panic, how do I save her? The water is nearing. 30 meters. 20 meters. 10 meters. Shit. I'm sorry Katie. I love you. I shut my eyes and prepare for the landing. Normally, it would've been fine, but I had jumped with no form whatsoever, and I could die from the impact. I don't feel the cold water. I open my eyes. I'm floating. Jus above the water. I see Katie. She is standing above the water, her hair flowing out, as if she was in space. She has her hands out, and her fire is directed to me. She saved me. She carries us back to shore, and then collapses. I run to her, and embrace her. "You fucking idiot." I murmur. She sobs into my chest. "I'm sorry." she says. I nod and bury my nose into her hair. "I love you." I say. She nods. I feel content again, feeling her here. I pull away and look her in the eye. "If you ever do that again, I will kill you. Then bring you back to life. Then kill you again." I say. She laughs, and I feel a tingle. "Let's go home." she whispers, and I nod. I carry her back to Paul's house, where none of the guys are. I lay her on the bed, because she is already knocked out. I call Paul. He picks up and starts to yell before I can say anything. "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SISTER? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER? IS SHE OKAY??" He screams. "Paul, she's fine. I brought her home. She's sleeping." I explain. I hear him sigh and then hang up. Jerk. I turn back to Katie, who is curled up, but shivering. I lie down next to her, hugging her and pulling her close. I run my hands through her hair. If anything had happened to her, I would've died. I wouldn't have made it. I engulf her in my warmth and drift off to sleep.