Chapter 6

KATIE'S P.O.V

I have been hanging out with the Cullens for a while now. They even gave me a room in their house if I wanted to sleep over, which Paul disagreed to (like I'm going to listen to him HA) James passed after about a week, and the guilt completely overwhelmed me. My friends all told me it wasn't my fault, but I feel dangerous. If I hurt my own father, what would I do to my friends? I haven't been myself, and the rare moments I am is when my best friends are around. "EDWARD!" I'm momentarily snapped out of my daze, which I'm in a lot. I turn to see Edward looking at his feet and Bella has tears streaming down her face. Everyone is silent, but Emmet has an imperceptible smirk on his face. "I thought you loved me!" Bella screams. OHHHHH. I'm guessing that Edward has just told Bella that he doesn't love her. "I'm sorry Bella. I like you as a friend, but not really like that." Edward says calmly. I internally snort knowing he hates her, and Emmett snorts out loud, earning a glare from Bella. "We're done." Bella says to Edward, and this time I snort out loud. Yeah, like SHE'S dumping him, he's the one that dumped her. She turns on her heel and walks out. Edward exhales loudly. "Got that over with. Finally." he says. We all laugh. Suddenly, Bella runs into the room again and jumps on Edward. "BITE ME!" she yells. What the hell is wrong with his bitch? She's jabbing her neck towards Edward's face, and he looks disgusted. I roll my eyes and walk forward. I use my purple power to lift her off of him. DAT'S RIGHT. I KNOW HOW TO USE MY POWERS NOW. Kinda... "Bella, no one likes you here. You're annoying. And rude. And obsessed. So please just leave." I say. Finally got that off my chest. She floats with her mouth open. I laugh at the sight and toss her out the house, gently, don't worry. She runs up the steps again to enter but I slam the door shut with my powers. We all look at each other, and then we burst out laughing. Carlisle has the most composure, but even he is laughing. "Okay, okay. What are we going to do with the Volturi-" but before he can finish, the volturi burst into the room. Shoot. "I see you have released your human pet. Now, she has to die." Aro says. Straightforward much? As much as I hate Bella, we can't let her die. I put my hands behind my back and start to use my power. A purple haze covers all of them. "Bella doesn't know anything. You don't even know who Bella is. You can leave, and leave us all alone." I say. They nod at once and leave in a flash. I sigh and turn around to face the room. All the Cullens look at me like I'm crazy. "What?" I ask. They shake their heads, and then Emmett starts to laugh. "You're crazy, Katie. But at least they won't come after us." he says. I smile, then remember Bella. "Be right back." I say. I walk outside to the road where Bella should be. She looks shocked by the volturi's sudden appearance and disappearance. I let the purple flow out of my hands. "You don't know who any of us are. You don't know what vampires are." I say. She looks dazed, but walks away. I smile feeling accomplished, and I feel a cold hand on my shoulder. I turn to find Carlisle. "Katie, I want to examine you." he says seriously. I nod. As I walk into his room, I see the files from my father and gulp. The momentary drama had distracted me from my depression, but it was flooding back now. "Katie, your fire is purple." he says. I shrug. "Is that bad?" I ask. He chuckles. "No, but it's extremely rare. Most sirens had red or blue fire. Red for strength, blue for intelligence. But you seem to have both." he explains. I look down at my hands. I didn't know I was "rare". "What you did with the volturi was extremely dangerous. The volturi killed off most of the sirens years ago because they were afraid of them. You need to be careful. Am I understood?" Carlisle says, looking extremely serious. I nod. He relaxes. "You also seem to be able to manipulate minds. That's very hard to do. And you did it to multiple people, which is also very rare." He says. "Okay." I squeak. He laughs. "Okay, you're free to go." Carlisle says. I gulp and leave. I jump out the nearest window and into the forest using my power. I look at my hands. I'm a monster. I killed my father. The volturi want to kill me. I'm a danger. I'm a problem. Tears stream down my eyes. I begin to float, surrounded by a purple haze. I'm flying. I'm too sad to be astounded or excited. I start to speed through the forest. My tears coming down harder, and I can't see. Somehow I haven't hit a tree, but at this point the pain from that wouldn't do anything. I finally stop, and collapse on the ground. I can't do this. I can't. I have to leave. I have to. I speed back to the house and sneak back in through the house. "Where's Katie?" I hear. "She's probably with Jacob." someone growls. I give a small smile. I take some paper and a pencil and write a note.

I had to leave. I'm sorry. You don't need me. Don't look for me. I love you. -Katie.

I pack some things in my bag silently before slipping out of the window again. I know it seems ridiculous, but maybe if I leave, I'll be able to move on. My friends and family will also be able to live happily. I nod. "Everything will be better if I leave." I say to myself. It's dark, and I trip over a rock and onto the ground. Ouch. My ankle hurts, but I know it'll heal quickly. I then bounce up into the night air and take off.