thirteen : 3×16

KISA

"So," Agent asked the five delinquents as they all sat besides each other. "when did you get there?"

"At the same time." Stiles answered.

"At the same time as who?" Agent asked again, a straight face on.

"At the same time as me." Scott said as he pointed at Stiles and Kisa.

"And me." Kisa butted in, raising her hand and smiling at her dad.

"By coincidence?" Agent asked once again.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"That's what I'm asking you." Agent began to explain, he kept on his straight face. "the two-- three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked before nudging Kisa.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles said as he looked at him over Kisa.

"Nah, pretty sure it's me." Kisa followed their game, giving her father a confused face.

"I think he's asking the three of you." Martin continued, looking at the three.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." Agent said, he looked at the main three, sighing deeply as Sheriff sat in the back with a smile. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear."

He opened his notepad, flipping a page or two, "Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocution her, which blacked out the entire town."

Stiles nodded, looking up at Agent from his knee. "Sounds about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" Agent blinked a few times, eyes narrowed down to catch any un-normal body language.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer." Stiles explained as he scratched his side of the head. "So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." Agent complimented him.

"Yeah, what can I say?" Stiles smirked, sending a wink and finger gun at his dad. "I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."

Sheriff covered his chuckle, Agent looking back at him as he smiled at his son. Kisa had the same reaction, nudging Stiles in the ribs as she bit her lip.

"Stiles, just, uh..." Sheriff tried to say, "Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess." Stiles said a he played with his hands.

Agent then turned to Scott and Kira, "What were the two of you doing?"

Kisa face palm as both replied with 'Eating sushi' and the other 'Eating pizza', then groaned loudly as they changed their words again.

"Eating sushi and pizza." Both exclaimed after the embarrassment, their tones monotone.

"You two?" Agent then turned to his daughter and Stiles, "Pizza and sushi too?"

Kisa shrugged at her father, "Just helping an old friend play with strings."

"You believe this?" Agent asked turning to Sheriff.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a single word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." Sheriff admitted as he sighed, "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remembered it?" Agent asked the poor girl.

Leaning in a bit, they all looked at her as she turned to Scott, then to Kisa and Stiles, and finally to Lydia.

"Yes." She said softly, nodding up at him. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no." Agent told her as he finally dismisse the meeting. He turned to Kira as everyone began to fill out. "Kira..."

Kisa waved goodbye at Sheriff, silently thanking him for being so patient about this situation and her father.

"But try and remember something." Agent lectured her brother, nodding her over. "If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he has a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse."

"Yeah," Scott looked a bit annoyed, but never lost eye contact. "we get it."

"Alright, take your sister home." Agent sighed, putting a hand on Kisa's shoulder. "It's a school night."

Walking into school, Scott stopped for a second, this made Kisa bumped into him and finally look up from her phone. She made a sound as Scott began to race forwards, trying to get to the poor girl.

"No. No." Stiles, thankfully, stopped him. He held him back as Scott tried to push himself. "Stop. Stop."

"What?" Scott asked in surprised, "I need to talk to her."

"No," Kisa scoffed, hitting her brother on his chest. "you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her."

Scott pushed himself some more, a bit of adrenaline in him. "Which is why I need to talk to her."

"Scott, no way." Stiles whispered at him, "Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction."

"Wait, what?" Kisa asked confused and a bit taken back, "I still need to be updated with everything."

"Not right now, Kisa." Scott told her then turned to Stiles, "What if she's like me?"

"Like you?" Kisa laughed a bit,"Kira walked through one point twenty one jigawatts of electricity. She's not like you."

Patting both guys on the chest, Kisa held onto her backpack tighter and walked away.

Various monsters in her mind now that Stiles had mentioned them.

"What do I do?" Scott moaned lowly to his sister, placing his head on his arms as he whined. "Stiles won't let me near her."

"So go behind his back." Rolling her eyes, Kisa told him simply. "Get her when Stiles is no where in sight-- no, when no one is in sight."

"Alone?" Scott arched an eyebrow, sitting up on his desk. "She doesn't even want to come close to me."

Shutting her book, Kisa took a look at her watch, pursing her lips as she gathered her stuff. "She sits alone in the halls or library to eat lunch."

Scott sat there speechless, his mind probably working as Kisa packed his stuff too.

"Okay, tell me your ice breaker." She said as she slammed his book on the desk. "C'mon, Scott!"

"Huh, you need a pen...?" He asked confused, "or pencil?"

"Awkward." Kisa giggled as she got up, putting on her backpack. "Try using something you both have in common."

"A pen?" He asked again, "I don't know, Kiss!"

"Don't call me that." Hissing at him, Kisa turned back around and shoved a finger on his chest. "Now go talk to her while I distract Stiles!"