32. Valentine's Day Dance

Third Person POV

Upon entering the dance, another yearbook student snapped a picture of Niall and Jessica. No one noticed their swollen lips or the redness on their cheeks. No, no one noticed how undeniable happy the couple was until Harry stuck a finger in his mouth and gagged.

Then people started noticing how natural the couple seem to be acting, normally they acted pretty well being a "couple in love" but tonight it was different. Normally Niall and Jessica only acted enough to fool their friends, just the right amount before returning back to normal.

Tonight, however, everything they did seemed to scream authenticity and love.

This was making two potential lovers' hearts break into a million pieces that night.

Now across the room, a new person was entering the room. As she slowly opened the door, peeking into the pink interior, it wasn't until she spotted her friends before she made her way inside.

She was not part of the gang's group nor did she really want to. Her name was Abigail Darker, and she was not here willingly. No, she was forced to be here by her friends and a little game that got out of hand.

Now being that she lost the game in class earlier this week, her punishment was that she had to ask out one of the group's boy, and ask him to at least one dance. Her target: Louis Tomlinson. The most carefree, the most immature guy she even knew existed. Don't get her wrong, the guy was pretty hot and at least he wasn't a jerk or an incompetent fool.

Louis Tomlinson was alright in her book but she would never tell him that, not before tonight at least.

The girl moved quickly swiftly pass all of the lovesick couples, photo bombing a few of the Yearbook kids' snapshots before finally reaching her friends.

Abigail crossed her arms and glared while her two friends giggled. "Are you two really making me do this?"

One of the girls laughed and shrugged. "Hey, I wasn't the one who lost the game in class."

Shooting another glare at the pair, Abigail straightened the black bottom of her dress, and rearranged the white top. With one more sigh and a glare, she made her way to the group and Louis.

As she walked, she began to remember the day that the dare was conceived. She and her friends were at the back of the class with a nearly deaf substitute. Out of boredom and a need of laughter, they started playing the ever famous whsiper game. They started saying it barely above a whisper, but steadily got louder.

Soon, a bet was made. The person who said the word the loudest before the bell got to pick a person for the loser to dance with at the dance coming shortly. The only reason Abigail lost, and ruined her two-year streak, was because some idiot sneezed when she all but screamed the word.

Shaking the memory off, she walked with false confidence up to Louis. She tapped his shoulder lightly, and he turned to face her. Basically being the shortest girl in the grade, Abigail had to look up to him. "Yes?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was wondering if you would want to possibly dance with me." She asked. Almost immediately, she saw Jessica, one-fourth of the group's girls, glaring at her. Upon seeing that, she quickly added, "Only for one song. My friends would never let it go if I didn't dance with one guy." Her face burned, and hoped to god that it wasn't as noticeable as she thought.

Jessica's glare lessoned, as if only a little and she started her dare.

When Abigail was being completely honest with herself, she knew for a fact that she could not dance. And if she happened to, that was a sight to see. So walking very awkwardly to the dance floor with Louis by her side, she arranged herself to where her hands were somewhere between Louis's shoulder and neck, as it just so happened to have changed to a slow love song.