08. Detention

Niall's POV

I slowly followed Harry to the choir room, also known as detention. Could my day get any worse? Does the universe really hate me this much? What have I done to you, Mr. Universe? Nothing, that's right, now lay off me!

Oh great I am talking to myself again. I sighed heavily, knowing that my sanity has been (if it hasn't already been) lost. I walked through the doors; Mrs. Smith looked surprised I was there but put me to work. Instead of doing homework or studying, I am put to work. Oh joy my life.

"Niall, I know you're new here so you don't have to do much. Just help Harry organize those graded papers and then you two can leave. Detention in my room isn't that bad." She said and gently nudged me towards Harry. He regarded me with one look, and handed me some papers.

"Oh and boys, can you clean the studio? We're recording tomorrow." Mrs. Smith said and left. So we were left alone, Harry and I, the guy who really seems to hate my guts.

"-Niall?" I was brought out of my thoughts by Harry who was staring at me.

"Uh... yeah?'

"I'm guessing from the look on your face that you didn't hear a word I said."

"No, sorry. I zone out a bit too easily." I said with a sheepish smile. He chuckled and gave a small smile. Wait this was THE Harry "Bipolar" Styles actually having a normal conversation with me.

"So what did you say? Should I be offended or have a nasty comeback for it?"

Harry's eyes widened as he shook his head frantically.

"No, I was just apologizing for what happened today. I was a jerk and was in no position to say what I said."

Not going to lie, my jaw dropped at the apology. I mean he hates me, right? I was so sure of it; he must be messing with me.

"Uh, I guess I accept the apology." I hear myself say.

"What do you mean 'I guess?" he said, his bright green eyes grew dull as the seconds went by.

"Harry, just think from my point of view. You have pissed me off numerous times, acted like nothing was ever wrong as well, and what's worse; you called me something I'm not at lunch. Do you really think I am going to forgive so easily? If not, you have another thing coming."

We worked in silence after that. Harry would give me papers to staple and I would put them in the coordinating student's file. I came across Jessica's file and just sat there, really curious to see what was in it. Harry left for the office and I was alone.

I snapped it open, and was totally shocked by what I saw. This girl was so musically accomplished; I wondered why she was even in here. From having straight A's to being co-captain on the track team for three years, there was no doubt she had it made for her college years. I was about to put it back when a piece of paper fluttered out and onto the floor.

I pick it up and realize it's a picture of Jessica with some guy. I hold my breath, the guy looks almost exactly like myself. From the dirty blonde hair to the grayish-blue eyes, it was like he could be my brother from another planet. Jessica and the guy were smiling widely, even though both were sporting braces and somewhat dorky clothes. I smiled as I read the caption on the picture.

"Freshman year with Danny, a musical prodigy."

"You know you're not supposed to be snooping around during detention." A deep voice broke me out of my thoughts, Harry stood there with an armful of papers and a solemn look on his face.

I struggled to put the picture where it belonged and shut Jessica's folder. "Sorry I didn't know, sorry." A deep blush was settling on my cheeks but I couldn't tell why. Maybe it was because I was caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing, yeah lets go with that.

"You're so lucky it was me who walked in here and not some teacher." He dumped the papers on a desk.

"Have you cleaned the studio yet?" I shook my head no and he sighed.

"Come on Niall, we're going to be stuck here till six if you don't hurry up. If I unlock the studio, and you promise not to mess around, will you clean it while I sort out the rest of the papers?" I nodded and he walked past me to the door at the back of the room, he motioned me over and I looked in awe of the studio. It was exactly like professional ones. How could the school even afford this?

"Our music program is treated a bit better than our athletics program." Harry snickered, I mentally face palm. We slowly walk inside, my hands fly over the controls, its weird but I know exactly what I'm doing. In no time, I have it totally ready for a recording, I wonder...

"Do you think that I could maybe..." I look at Harry, who seems just the little bit uncomfortable.

"I mean yeah but it's your funeral," he looked me in the eye. "Mrs. Smith doesn't like kids from detention touching the equipment."

"Harry, I'm in choir, this could technically count as part of my project." I said, his mouth formed a 'O' and I smirked.

Niall: 1

Harry: 0

Boom. I didn't have a track but I had a song in the works. I set it to record and went into the booth. Harry watched, not really any expressions taking over his face.

Do you remember summer '09?
Wanna go back there every night,
Just can't lie, was the best time of my life,
Lying on the beach as the sun blew out,
Playing this guitar by the fire too loud,
Oh my, my, they could never shut us down

I used to think that I was better alone,
Why did I ever wanna let you go?
Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea,
The words you whispered I will always believe

I sang. I was mad that that was all I had on this song but it was getting there. Harry was clapping outside and had a wide smile on his face.

"That was amazing Niall. I didn't know you sang and DAMN! You're really good!" a blush rose upon my cheeks again and this time I couldn't deny that Harry was the cause of it. He extends his hand and I look at him quizzically.

"A proper introduction; hi my name is Harry Styles. And you are?"

I took his hand and smiled like I've never smiled before. "Horan. Niall Horan."

_________________________________________________________
You know for having writers block, I have to say I think my best work is coming from writers block. Does that make any sense? Probably not. OMFG guys! You totally surprised me by giving me many comments and votes! I mean in all I got maybe 15 or 20 votes? Can I maybe have the same again? I mean I'll update anyways, but sadly that was for the whole story but I'm happy nonetheless! Thank you everyone who has been supporting me so far, it really means a lot and I love my little Wattpad family I've found :)

From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read. I'm Jessica!

Vote
Comment and
Fan Please!