03. Talking It Out

Niall's POV

Never in my life have I wanted to go to lunch as much as now. You wouldn't believe how awkward, tense, and frustrating it was in Physics between Jessica, Sam and Harry.

For example, Harry would flirt with either Sam or Jessica. Jessica would unknowingly mutter how her friend is an idiot for befriending Styles. Sam would snicker at Jessica's reaction to Harry even talking to her. And I was just in the middle of all of this.

Cheers for being the new kid! Whoo!

The bell just rang and now I'm packing up my bag as quickly as possible.

"Hey Niall," Jessica asks right before I'm out the door. Dang it, I was so close. Letting out a sigh, I turn back to her. It's just us left in the classroom and the teacher is giving us the evil eye since we're keeping her from going to lunch.

"Do you maybe, want to eat lunch with me and my friends? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to but since you're new and all, it would be a great way to get to know people or avoid people. Oh great I'm rambling, aren't I?" she says, getting flustered and looks like she wants to run out of the room.

"Oh. Yeah, I would love to!' I say. I'm not kidding when I say this but her face literally lit up. She grabbed my hand, half skipping and saying, "Come along little one. Food is awaiting for us!"

I love this school only a little bit more knowing we can leave the school grounds to get lunch. And get this; the kids actually respect the rule. At least that's what Jessica and Sam keep telling me. I mean I can just as easily skip school for the day and they would think I'm getting lunch.

So I meet up with Sam and Jessica plus the two girls from this morning, (Ashley and Lily I think) in the parking lot. From there we go and order Nando's in Sam's car.

I get to know the girls's different personalities a bit more on the car ride back to school.

Jessica and Ashley are the sporty ones. Both are on the track team, Co-Captains and Jessica is on the school's Archery team. They are generally the quiet ones... Well really everyone is quiet compared to Sam. I asked if they were sisters, the answer is no, but Ashley has been living with Jessica ever since her parents died in a car crash when she was 8.

Lily was the shyest of the girls, barely acknowledging me or using one word answers if I asked her something. Sam explained that she didn't trust guys as much from a horrible recent relationship. I didn't blame her. From the crap I heard from my other school, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone too.

Sam began to explain how she became class president when we arrived at school. Lunch still wasn't over so we sat by some trees in the courtyard and continued talking.

"So Niall, tell us about yourself. What's your personality, what do you like in a girl, what do you look for in a friend, any hobbies or bad habits we should know of?" Sam gave me a look that I rather not discuss.

"Well for starters, you should probably know that I will eat everything and anything. A few of my friends back home used to call me the human garbage disposal. I've been told I am very carefree and happy. Normally I don't care what other people think about me, I'm just trying to be myself and I don't really care if you have a problem with that. I laugh at the immature things in the world.

Some of my hobbies are singing and playing my guitar. Otherwise I like hanging out with friends. If someone can put up with my habits and me, then we can easily be friends. Don't doubt my Irish pride though. And I think that's about it."

"What do you look for in a girl. You tried sneaking away from that question, Mr. Horan." Ashley said.

"Um... I don't really have a preference per-say. I'm Bi." I muttered.

Eight pairs of eyes stared at me like I suddenly grew another head. It was the truth. Particularly last year when I started seeing my best friend, Cody, as something more.

"Oh. My. Gods." Jessica was the first to say something.

"I can't believe you had the courage to say that since you barely know us!" Lily was next.

"Can you be my older brother I never had?" Ashley asked.

"You need to know that you aren't allowed to come out. Epescially not at this school." Sam said seriously, making my stomach drop.

____________________________________________________
I am so sorry its really short! I mean I am writing this and getting really bad writers block and meh! This happens.
From my mind to the computer keys to your eyes to read, I'm Jessica xx
Vote fan and comment please!