28. Anger Issues

Warning, bullying up ahead.

Niall's POV

It's the next day at school and I've just arrived at school. I step outside my car, and not a second later I'm pinned up against it and feel a punch to my face. I gasp and feel blood dripping down my face into my mouth, the metallic taste of my own blood scares me. Whoever they are were covered by a hoodie and shades.

They land a few more punches to my stomach and face before they slam me onto the ground and kick my ribs. I groan in pain as I get kicked over and over again. I curl up into a ball and try to not cry out every time this person hits me. They kicked me where the sun doesn't shine and I moaned in pain.

"You make me sick, there shouldn't be people like you in this world," he dragged me off the ground and put his face to mine, I tried not to look scared but I think I failed.

"Go die in a hole." He released me and I fell to the ground. I heard in the distance that the bell had rung and I was late, not to mention I looked like I went through the garbage disposer. I wiped the blood off my face as best as I could, gather my things and limped inside.

~later~

"NIALL WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Jessica yelled the first moment that she saw me this morning. I just ducked my head, got a detention slip from the teacher and sat down. I tried not to move so much, my ribs were killing me as well as my left side of my face.

The teacher let me go to the nurse and get all bandaged up, so when I was ready to leave, Jessica was waiting.

"Niall, seriously what happened to you?" Her voice sounded so small, so vulnerable. Tear stains made streaks down her cheeks, I knew she was worried for me.

"I sort of kind of got beat up outside of the school." I muttered. Jessica stopped walking and I turned around to see her just standing there, trying to cover her sobs and be strong.

"Oh Jess, come here." I brought her into a hug and let her cry. I didn't know why she was crying, I never thought she would be this worried about me, no one was ever this worried about me.

"I'm sorry; it-it's just that I don't want to s-see you h-hurt or t-to get beat up. It's like y-you're another brother Niall, I l-love you like a brother and I-I don't want to lose you." She stuttered in between tears.

I just continued to hold her, calming her and wondering about Jessica's family, like who is her other brother?

* * * * *

I continue throughout the day, limping and holding an ice pack to my eye. I'm just glad that that jerk didn't break my glasses, or the fact that I had forgotten to put them on today cos I'm blind without those suckers. I finally reach my last class, only to run into Harry and we topple to the floor.

"Owww!" I whine and hold my ribs and stomach. Harry quickly gets up and helps me up, only to pull me up too fast and we bump heads.

"Oh geez I'm so sorry Niall, wait what happened to you?" he slowly takes in my appearance.

"Oh um, nothing just tripped... up the stairs this morning." I stuttered. He looked at me and lightly tapped my stomach. I hissed in pain and tried covering it up but my cover was blown.

"Now Niall," he grabbed me by the shoulders and I was forced to look him in the eye. "What happened?"

"Astrangercameuptomethismorningandbeatthecrapoutofme." I said in one breath. Harry gave me a soft glare and I repeated it, slowly.

"A stranger came up to me this morning and beat the crap out of me." His grip on my shoulders grew tighter and I almost winced but he released me and started pacing.