Chapter 17

Roxy's POV

Tsu'tey...
Kissing ...
Another woman ...

I tried my best not to cry out. So I quickly turned around and jumped over the tree roots and almost fell. Jake catched me as I came his way.
"Woah woah woah, calm down, what's ..."
He was immediately silent as he saw my tear-stained face. Neytiri was at my side in an instant.
"Hey, Jessa, what's wrong? What happened?"
My legs gave up their strength and I slumped to the ground. There I sobbed heavily.
"Let's take you to your hut, there you can tell us", he said in English if someone could hear us.
He picked me up and walked slowly to my hut, even when he was curious wanted to absolutely know the cause why I was crying. When we arrived at my hut, he set me down on the fur and sat down in front of me with Neytiri which had automatically followed, concerned.
"Now tell us, what happened?"
He was still talking in English, just in case that someone listened. But I couldn't find words, I didn't have the courage so I used my new found ability of telepathy and thought of a picture of what I've seen.

Jake immediately tensed as the picture reached him.
"So he kissed another woman?"
I nodded crying out again. Neytiri had an arm over my shoulder.
"I thought you two were ... you know... a thing", Neytiri whispered in accented English.
Jakes head shot in her direction.
"What do you mean?"
I closed my eyes and thought of the few make-out sessions. I heard a loud growl coming from Jake. I opened my red puffy eyes and hugged him.
"I will rip his dick of!" he yelled and was going to stand up and walk off but I quickly grabbed his hands. He turned around and looked directly into my eyes.
"Do you two have something to do today? Something important?" I asked.
"No we don't, why?"
"Could you two spend time with me for the rest of the day?"
"Of course, Jessa", Neytiri answered.
"And do you want one of the two of us to take you to your first kill?"
I nodded.
"Yes please", I whispered, "and maybe one of you as escort through Iknimaya?"
"We both could go with you actually. Because Jake was already planned as escort and I will have to choose again unfortunately", Neytiri said.
"That lifts a stone from my heart."
"That's good to hear. Now should we practice your telepathy a bit?"
I nodded.
"And since the other discussion is over, we can switch to Na'vi again, yes?"
"Okay", Neytiri continued, "telepathy isn't just sending pictures. It's also reading thoughts. You should also be able to send mental messages. And with all that you could communicate with others just in your heads. Try it."
I concentrated but it didn't work. I shook my head.
"It isn't working", I mumbled.
"You're distracted right now. Maybe we should do something with fun first. What do you suggest?"
"Maybe you could make her a new braid and show her how to make new clothes and other things?"
"And what will you do?"
"I will talk to Mo'at and ask her how I can be of assistance in your training with the special abilities."
"Okay. Oh and Jake?"
"Yes?"
"Maybe she could also tell you about my discussion with Eywa. And if someone called Ahtsan wants to ask for your permission and blessing to mate with me, please deny."
He chuckled.
"Okay, I will."

"Come on Jessa. I will make you a new braid."
Neytiri guided me over to a different spot at the river where we wouldn't be seen so easily.
"Sit down in the water. You can take your clothes off, I will too. You look a bit tense."
I nodded and did as I was told. I laid my clothes next to hers. We both jumped into the water. She sat down behind me and loosened the braid around my queue. She combed my long hair  some minutes before she started to braid. She started with the braid for my queue. Then she did thinner braids at the bigger braid's side and decorated them with colored wooden beads.
"Okay your hair is done. Let's go back you look tired."
I nodded with a yawn. We both dressed again and walked back to my hut.
"Hey, can you stay with me?"
"Of course. I will stay till the morning."
"Thank you very much. You're really the best friend someone can wish for."
"I would do anything for my family and you're Jakes sister, so you're mine too."