Chapter 16

Roxy's POV

A day off.
That's the first thought that came to my mind at the next morning. I will be talking to Jake and do Grace a favor. It wasn't urgent for me so I waited a little before standing up and eating breakfast. The sun was shining bright today, so I guessed I would have a good time. But little did I know what expected me later.

I went between the trees and searched for Jake. Instead of him I found his mate Neytiri. We were really good friends and talked much. She also talked about my training with me, told me how I did, what I could do better, some tips. She also told me what had happened when Jake got here. From when she met him, to the destruction of the hometree were they lived before the war with the sky people and what happened till the war and during that. I felt sorry for her when she told me that her father died when hometree fell. Jake came back as Toruk Macto then and lead them into war. Neytiri lost her ikran. Trudy died when her helicopter was shot and Grace during a ceremony which I and Jake went through, because she was shot and too weak. Norm was creating himself a new Avatar, his was shot in the shoulder.

"Hey Neytiri."
"Hey Jessa, something wrong?"
"I'm searching for Jake. Trying to get him to believe that I'm his sister. Maybe he will believe me."
"Well I don't know where he is. He has  just gone hunting 20 minutes or a few minutes longer. But we can wait together."
"Yeah if you don't mind. Maybe you can also tell me about your first kill."
"Are you nervous about it? When are you doing it?"
"Tomorrow."
"And you aren't training today?"
"No. I've trained nonstop. It's a good opportunity to calm down and to prepare myself mentally. And Tsu'tey is the one who is training me and he's Olo'eyctan too, he has to do chief stuff."
"Ah, okay. Well my first kill. I was nervous like you, I was younger than you. It took two to three hours for me to find a hexapede. And after that it was easy. Choosing your ikran won't be as easy. You've got to climb to the ikran's place. You'll have to choose and he has to choose you. You'll know that it's yours when he tries to kill you", Neytiri explains.
"Oh great", I muttered.

"What are your special powers?"
"I don't know everything, but I already discovered healing powers. I don't even know if I have more than that. But when Eywa talked to me in my dream, she said 'powers' or 'abilities'."
"So how do you want to convince Jake about your relation?"
"I don't know. It would be great to have a power which allows me to show someone pictures. Something like telepathy."
Neytiri then smirked suspiciously.
"Eywa has spoken to me too. She told me everything thing you can do and that I have to lead you on a bit when it comes to discovering your powers and giving you hints to find them."
"Wait that means I have telepathy?"
Neytiri nodded.
'That's so cool', I thought.
"Wanna try?"
I nodded.
"Concentrate. Close your eyes. Think of a picture you want to show me. Now imagine how this picture moved to me into my head."
I closed my eyes and thought a picture that showed me and Jake as kids with our brother Tommy at our side. I imagined how that picture of the three of us slowly moved to my best friends head. I heard a gasp.

"That's amazing."
"You saw that?"
"Yes, it was you with Jake and another boy at a young age."
"That was Jakes twin Tommy. We three were very close."
"I understand how you feel. Jake told me that he died shortly before he had the chance to come here."
A few tears rolled over my cheeks and fell into the grass we were sitting on.
"Jake!" Neytiri suddenly yelled.
That made jump.
"Hey Neytiri. You got company."
"Yeah, someone needs to talk to you."
Neytiri looked to me.
"Sit down here."
"Listen Jake. I know you won't believe me that we are related through blood. But there is something I want to show you."
I closed my eyes and did the same thing I did with Neytiri. I only showed him more pictures and even some dialogues between us when we were younger. He gasped as he saw the pictures and everything else in his head.
"Roxey bear", he whispered.
I had tears in my eyes. 'He remembers.' "You called me like when we were twelve", I cried and jumped forward to hug him.
"How could I ever forget you. How could I ever forget my sister. Please forgive me."
"Of course I will. But only if I can kick your ass."
"Wait, what?"
"When I was unconscious after I tried to kill myself, Eywa talked to me. And Trudy and Grace too. And Grace requested that I'll do her a favor by telling you that you're still a Jarhead and that I'll kick your butt."
He sighed before standing up.
"Okay time for a little hand-to-hand-combat. I'll go easy."
I stood up chuckling and took a strong stance.
"Okay do you want to make the first...WOAH!"
Neytiri laughed hysterically. I had reacted quickly and kicked his legs away with mine. Due to him being distracted with his talking I saw a chance to get him on the ground. He stood up laughing .

"So you're making your first kill soon?" he asked.
I nodded.
"Tomorrow."
"Well let's find your teacher and plan everything."
Neytiri stood up and took Jakes hand. I smiled. 'So they are mated.' We walked through the provisional village. We then split up because Tsu'tey was nowhere to be found in the village. I went further into the forest for five minutes. I reached a clearing. And there I saw...

Tsu'tey kissing another woman.

___________________________
Baaaaaaad Tsu tsu.
Trouble in paradise?
I hope not.
And what will happen?
How will she cope with that?
Will it distract her in any way during her first kill and Iknimaya?
Will they nevertheless get together?

Will the riddles be solved?