Helping Hand (Makotoxscared!Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Ah, that's great! Have you made one before?"

"Have you seen the drama club flyer?"

"You made that?!" Nagisa's mouth hung open in surprise. You could only nod because of his outburst. "Then you definitely have to help us. With your skills, we'll be sure to get new members!" Nagisa raised his fist in the air.

And that is how you became friends with the swim club.
____________________________________________________________

Classes went by smoothly, and now you and the others were on the roof eating lunch. The conversation was mostly about the boys and not having balanced lunches. You tended to tune out the talking when it came to that.

You were staring off into the sky. In the distance, there were dark storm clouds brewing. "I hope it doesn't thunder," you muttered.

"Did you say something (F/n)-chan?" Makoto asked, who was sitting beside you.

"Not really." You didn't like bothering others with your problems.

"What do you have in your lunch (F/n)-senpai?" Gou asked you, peeking at your bento.

"Rice, (favorite meat or protein equivalent), an egg, and some strawberries." You showed the redhead what your lunch looked like. It was well balanced with the lower portion being half rice and half protein. Then the egg and strawberries made up the two smaller compartments.

"See, this is the kind of lunch you guys should be eating! With portions that fit your body types of course." Gou's evaluation of your lunch made you blush. "And you won't be able to keep your awesome muscles in top form." That made everyone form a sweat drop.
____________________________________________________________

The storm clouds rolled in just about the time for classes to end. Due to the impending storm, swim practice was cancelled. You had to stay in the classroom though for cleanup duties. You were the last one in there to sweep and make sure no one left anything.

The others had decided to wait for you to get done so you all could walk to the train station, and home, together. They were waiting by the front entrance.

Makoto had gone to the bathroom, and when he got back, he noticed you weren't there. "Where's (F/n)?"

"She's still in the classroom," Haru answered flatly. By this point, the thunderstorm had started and was in full swing.

"I'll go see if she's alright," and Makoto headed upstairs. "(F/n)?" he asked peeking into the classroom. You didn't answer.

He scanned the room and found you huddled in a back corner. Your knees were hugged close to your chest, and your face buried into them with your hands over your ears. When a peel of thunder struck, you shuddered.

Thunderstorms scared you, ever since you were a little girl. You were 8 at the time. Your parents had gone out to the store quickly, leaving you in the house by yourself. They figured you were old enough to be there on your own for just a few minutes. And you lived in a nice neighborhood.

It had stormed pretty badly that day. So much so, that the lights had gone out, making the house almost pitch black. It made you scream and you cowered on the living room couch.

With the house being dark, and you being alone, all the noises in your home were magnified. It would creak with strong winds, and it was like someone else was in the house, but you couldn't see them.

Ever since then, whenever you hear thunder, it reminds you of that day.

Makoto walked over to your huddled form and reached out to touch your arm. Just at that moment, a flash of lightning streaked across the sky, and thunder rumbled.