Curious Kindness

He saw something unusual on his beach. He knew what it was and he didn't know how he felt about it. He recognizes it as a man. He has a flash back to the one who took his mother from him. He's angry because he was only 14 but something draws him to the body. He leaves the safety of the canopy he's known for so many years to confront his feelings of
Curiosity. He inches twords the body on the beach and watches it closely.

It's been many years since he's seen another person and he isn't too sure what it's like to be one. He picks up a stick and pokes him. He didn't move but he makes a small groan. He steps back and waits to see if he does anything. He didn't. He moves in and picks up his torso and drapes it over him while he squats. His arms​ just dangle and his head hangs. He looks down at the unconscious body and he feels something he never felt before. He leans over the body exploring the face more. He keeps getting closer until the body springs to life.

He drops him on the sand and runs back to his safe trees. "hey wait!" He hears but he's not stopping. "I can't keep up with you!" He yells as runs after him. "please wait! Are there other people here or are you some kind of Tarzan?" He stops. Tarzan. He remembers the stories and had always called himself that but had never heard it out loud. He keeps walking but he lets him catch up. "do you speak English Tarzan?"

"My name's not Tarzan it's..." He pauses. He can't remember his name! He gets angry and picks up a rock and throws it against a tree. The rock breaks and he jumps as Tarzan keeps walking. "My name is James. Where are we?"

"No where close to humans." The forest thickens and James grabs onto Tarzan's​ shoulder. James tries to ask more question but doesn't get any answers. The foliage gets thicker and thicker as they get farther away from the beach.

Tarzan moves quickly through the thick forest making it hard for James to keep up but eventually Tarzan slows down and James looks around in awe.

"Did you build this?" James says still in awe

"my mom did."

"This is amazing." James says as he follows Tarzan up the stairs.

"Your mom? Tell me all about your self. I feel like you have a very interesting story. I mean you're an adult man living in the jungle."

"You're the stranger here. I need to know about you." They get up into the tree house and James looks around with out being able to say anything. It was just like something out of a book. There were wooden chairs tied together with rope made of vines, random items that most likely washed up on shore and then something James wasn't expecting. A picture. A picture of Tarzan wearing clothes and with trimmed hair. There's something familiar about it but I can't put my finger in it.

"When did you take this picture?" He tucks his hair behind his ear and looks at me awkward. "That's not me."

"It looks exactly like you." James says trailing off.