Meeting Evangeline.

This entire chapter will be from Corey's point of view.

❣️Corey's pov❣️

I slowly walked up the stairs to her and her new boyfriends apartment. To think I've had a daughter for the past year and I could've never known about her. I don't know if she will even like me.

What if she like this so called "Finn" better than me. Her dad.

When I saw Naomi and the little girl in the supermarket today. I thought she was just babysitting. Oh boy was I wrong. I stood outside her door for a minute before knocking.

Once I knocked a muscular, tall, dark haired man opened it.

"Corey?" He asked me. Guess I know who her boyfriend is now

"Finn?" I said making sure I got his name right

He gave me a smile. "Welcome to our apartment man."

"Y-yeah." I said

"Don't worry." He said "she'll love you."

I walked in to her spacious apartment and saw her in the kitchen

"Hey noah." I said

She turned around and gave me a sweet smile "Hey Corey." She paused "She is in the living room, Finn will you show him."

"Yeah babe." He said

"Wait!" I said "you never told me my daughters name.

"Oh her name is Evangeline Mika, you can call her Ev, or Evie, or Evan, or Angie."

"That's a really pretty name." I smiled at her and I saw her cheeks turn a light pink

He walked towards the living room and instantly smiled when he looked at her. "EVAN!" He said and I saw her little face light up. He ran over to her and picked her up and she giggled. "This is Corey, or your dad."

She smiled obviously not understanding what he was saying. He held Evangeline out to me and I picked his up she instantly wrapped her arm around my neck and I hugged her like my life depended on it.

She's my baby. I sat on their couch and stared into her joyful eyes.

They were the same exact shade of green that my eyes were. She had dark brown hair just like Naomi and a mixture of our skin tones.

After dinner I sat down with Evangeline again

Then she started to doze off in my arms she started to close her eyes and I pulled her close to me as she slept. It was pretty late at night.

Finn then walked past the living room
"Goodnight Corey."

"Goodnight." I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled back then walked into what I presume is their room and shut the door.

Then Naomi walked into the room and leaned against the doorframe

"Is Evie asleep?"

I nodded

"Okay come with me." She started to walk down the hallway I followed her into a cute little nursery. I carefully helped change her into some pajamas and then I set her down ever so gently in her crib. I covered her with a small blanket and left the room.

I grabbed my shoes and put them on

"Thanks for having me noah." I said softly

"Of course. Anytime." She said