Hopes and hospital beds.

❣️coreys pov❣️

I felt tears filling up my eyes once again.

The doctor coughed

"let's talk about something important."

He turned to her parents

"I want to talk about life support, I know this sounds sudden but it's your option. She is in a medically induced coma."

Her mother took a moment before speaking. "If it will end her suffering .. then I give you permission."

Hearing those words was like if somebody were to put me through a shredder

Then her dad spoke up.
"No keep her on. It may be a low chance but there is a chance she'll make it out okay. Give her a week. She's a fighter. She'll make it through this."

I look over at her mother as she slowly nodded
"Okay, a week." She turned towards her husband and buried her face in his chest and sobbed.

"Okay, please everyone go home and get some rest I will notify you if there are and changes." The doctor gave us all a half smile and walked down the hallway and into a room.

We all got up and walked out of the hospital.

Once we were outside Naomi's mother came up to me

She wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you." She whispered

"For what?" I said as politely as possible

"Everything, being there when she was hurt. Staying with her. Calling the ambulance."
She took her arms off of me and wiped her eyes.

"It was the least I could do." I half smiled at her and walked to my car.

I drove home and went to bed

In the morning 💞

I got up at 7:00 in the morning and put on jeans and a sweatshirt. Then I drove to the grocery store.

Inside the store💞

Those ones right there  I pointed to the bouquet of roses behind the florist

"Okay." She smiled "who's the special someone."

"Just my girlfriend." I smiled

"She's a lucky lady." The woman smiled and handed me the roses

I smiled and walked out

If only she knew.

At the hospital 💞

I ran inside and prepared for the worst.

"I'm here to see Naomi winters."

"Alright." The receptionist said typing something into her computer. "She hasn't woken up yet, but she's stable."

I sighed in relief

The receptionist looked at my flowers
"She's in room 245." She smiled

"Thank you."

I walked to 245 and waited outside the door for about five minutes debating if I should go inside or not.

I finally decided I had to go in.

She looked terrible

I've never felt so bad about myself in my whole entire life.

I let this happen.

This was my fault

All my fault

If she dies it will all be my fault.

I walked to the side of her bed and set the flowers down next to her table. I looked down at her.

She had a breathing tube, and he's face was all purple, she had stitches on her forehead and cheek. Just Seeing her face was sad enough.

I can't imagine what her sides look like.

I brushed some of her hair out of her face gently.

"Hey princess. I doubt you can even hear me right now. But this is Corey. Before I get into apologizing and all the stuff I should've done a long time ago. I just wanted to tell you about what happened and why you're in the hospital right now."

I grabbed her hand and held It in mine gently

"When you backed up, you went in the street. There was a person driving that was looking down at their phone.. they hit you with their car."

My eyes started filling up with tears

"To be honest all I've been able to think about for the past two days is you and that car, it should've been me. Not you."

I inhaled shakily

"But let's not dwell on the sad stuff... I need you to get better. You're on life support and the doctors are only giving you a week to wake up before the turn it off. Just know we're all here for you princess. I'm sorry."

I started crying as I pulled up a chair and sat down next to her bed.

"I love you."
I whispered