CH 26: IN A WEEK

A/N: I can't wait till Sunday man. Plus I got some free time, luckily. So here are the last chapters to this book. IDK if I've mentioned this before, but Raphael is not alive in this book.

Castiel's words made everyone turn their heads towards Gabriel.

"Me? The rightful owner?" Gabriel asked, astonished.

"You are the most powerful surviving being in the universe, Gabriel. We need a leader and that is you." Castiel stated his opinion firmly. Gabriel crossed his hands in contemplation and unwarily looked at Angelica. She was looking at him with pleading eyes that demanded an answer.

"But Cas, I can't. I don't wish to." He sighed. Castiel did not back off.

"Gabriel, Heaven is falling apart. It's peace on earth, but a massacre up there. The angels need some sort of control and command. I pray you, come back, talk to them, by tonight." Castiel flew away. Angelica got up and left the room as Bobby went outside. Gabriel was left alone in the room.

The entire day was inconsequential. Around ten at night, Angelica was sitting on the porch, the sound of crickets was like music on the summer night. Gabriel saw her long hair nudging the floor, brushing across the brown wood as she moved her head around. He approached and sat down beside her. She did not acknowledge his presence.

"You're leaving too, huh?" She asked him suddenly. He felt a crushing force on his heart.

"Yeah." He said in a low voice. She turned to face him.

"I'm done being brave you know? Sam and Dean are gone, Ellen and Jo, Dad—Literally everybody is dead. It's all my fault."

It was a trait of the Winchesters to blame everything on themselves in times of peril. Gabriel gave her a bear hug and shushed her.

"Angela, stop. You know I don't—"

"I don't want you to leave me too!" She cried out. Gabriel's heart shattered into a million pieces. He couldn't possibly leave the only human who had supported him through thick and thin in her time of need, could he? But he had a huge liability on him. And he knew she was strong enough to support herself.

"Angelica, sweetie?" He asked her as he held her arms and wiped her tears. Her eyes were blood red.

"I will be back very soon. I promise." He said.

"DON'T SAY PROMISE! YOU DIED LAST TIME YOU SAID THAT!" She yelled at him, earning her a laugh from Gabriel.

"It's different this time, Angel. I'll be back in less than a week." 

"Good. If you're not, I swear I'll die." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek. He flew away, leaving her alone on the front porch.