CH 24: SWAN SONG

A/N: Consequential chapter <3

Dean and Sam, accompanied by Castiel, Gabriel, Angelica and Bobby left for Detroit the same day. They reached there by evening. All the rings had been procured; the plan was for Sam to drink demon blood and take control over his body while Lucifer possessed him and jump into the Cage. It took a while for everyone to digest it, but it was all they could possibly execute. The life of seven billion was at stake. Castiel, Bobby, Angelica and Gabriel waited downstairs as Sam and Dean went to the suspected hotel where Lucifer was. When Dean came back, he was alone. Sam was unable to take over Lucifer and he had taken off to face Michael.

"Now what?" Angelica asked.

"I suggest we consume copious amounts of alcohol and wait for the inevitable blast wave." Castiel said waywardly, as the news of several earthquakes and floods played on the TV.

"Well there's something we gotta do!" Dean yelled.

"What we can do is suicidal." Gabriel said. "We have to go to Sam."

"We don't know where he is, smart ass!" Dean growled.

"Well, then figure it out!" Gabriel shouted.

"Call Chuck. He must be knowing." Angelica said.

Dean called Chuck who told them the Battle was about to go down at Stull Cemetery. A plan was devised.

According to the plan, the next day at high noon, Dean reached Stull Cemetery with Bobby and tried to speak to Sam. But Lucifer was too strong to let Sam take over. He was frustrated at how persistent he was. He started beating Dean to a pulp after Michael murdered Bobby for shooting at him. Gabriel appeared with Angelica in the middle of their violent act.

"Lucifer, stop!" Angelica shouted. Her brother's bloodied form astonished her beyond words. Michael approached Angelica but Gabriel put his angel blade before him to stop him. Lucifer stopped due to Angelica's exclamation immediately and turned to face Gabriel and Angelica.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you Angelica." Lucifer walked towards her in a calm and composed manner. Angelica and Gabriel were cornered by Lucifer and Michael.

Gabriel held one of Angelica's hands and a dim light started emanating from his grip on her hand. The light slowly grew brighter and a shrill, ear piercing cacophony surrounded the field. It made Angelica close her eyes. When she opened them, Lucifer was no longer there, and Michael was lying on the floor, unconscious.

"We don't have time." Gabriel rushed to Bobby's side and healed him. As soon as he opened his eyes, he said to him, "Go home." Bobby nodded and Gabriel sent him away. Before he could get up, he turned around to see Angelica, who was sitting next to Dean and trying to stop bleeding from the various parts of his face. He stood up and turned around to see Michael up and approaching Angelica.

"Angelica, look out!" He warned and ran towards her, but she had her angel blade out and defended his punch. She stood up and tried to stab him, but he was very strong. She heard someone,

"Hey! Assbutt!" and something hit Michael and he blew up in flames. It was Castiel.

"You have five minutes." He was panting.

"I don't think so." Lucifer was back.

"Castiel, did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Uhh, no?" Castiel was nervous and scared.

"Nobody dicks with Michael, but me." He snapped his fingers and Castiel exploded.

Angelica gasped. "Now about you two, I'm done being nice you know." Lucifer approached the two of them. Angelica recited something and held Gabriel's hand tightly once again, it made Lucifer fall on his knees.

"You two would never be stronger than me!" He snapped his fingers and Angelica could not move or speak. He waved his wrist and Gabriel was thrown across the field. He could not stand up. He could feel all of Lucifer's power take over him. He picked Dean up, and before he could give him the final blow, something in his eyes twinkled, and Sam took over. He took out the rings and opened the Cage. Gabriel could not get up, but he managed to break into Angelica's brain.

"Angela! It's me! I need your help. Pray to Michael! Tell him you'd help him."

Angelica could not speak but her thoughts were aloud.

"Never in a million years!" She yelled at him.

"Just do it! He'd be drawn by even the thought of the power of alignment. Only he can stop this madness." Gabriel shouted back in her brain.

She shut her eyes and prayed for him to appear. Michael was a witness to the power that could be created from aligning with her. The power radiating from her drew Michael close to her a lot faster. Before he spoke to Angelica, he went to Sam,

"Sam! It's not gonna end this way! Step back!" Michael had to yell due to the screeching winds. Gabriel broke away from under Lucifer's grip and so did Angelica, but moving for either of them meant death or worse.

"You're gonna have to make me!" Sam yelled back and jumped. Michael tried to stop him and fell along with him. Gabriel ran to catch Michael, but couldn't. The cage closed, and the screeching winds stopped.

A haunting silence surrounded the three of them.

Gabriel sat on his knees before Dean. Before he could raise his hand to heal Dean, Castiel appeared from behind and did the same. As he claimed, God had brought him back. Gabriel decided to ignore Castiel's remark about his Father saving a life as it now appeared obscene to him and helped Angelica stand up.

They decided to move back to Bobby's. Nobody said a word about what had just happened.

Dean and Castiel got into the car and left. Gabriel walked up to the spot where the Cage had opened and picked up the Horsemen's rings.

"We won Angelica." A single tear slipped from one of his eyes. "It's over."

A/N: I tried my best to capture the Swan Song feel. Even though it's no where close to it, let me know how you feel about this so far! Each read, comment and star matters a lot to me! Thank you so much you guys <3 :)